Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 15th September 2011, 04:22

Push-to-talk option would be awsome!

I was looking for 3rd party software which un/mutes microphone with pushing key, but there wasn't working one for that.

It may be annoying to stream all the noise in the room, keyboard sounds, breathing, coughing, angry wife yelling that I haven't taken garbage out... So it would be most welcome imporvement to be able to set same button to active voice than what I use in mumble.

I'm pretty sure that I am not only one who is looking for this feature.

br, Humps

Last edited by Humps; 18th September 2011 at 00:54. Reason: grammar, typos
Old 15th September 2011, 05:01

has disable audio (and audio detection) been added to the most recent beta? I cannot test properly if i am forced to enable audio from the server desktop. Plus, it might make the file size unnecessarily larger, especially if there is no actual sound being recorded.

Just need some sort of switch or checkbox to disable.
Old 17th September 2011, 11:52

My desired feature would be:

The ability to record the local file in HD, but only broadcast a Medium Quality stream for the live audience.

At the moment, the only way I can see to do this is to choose one of the preset multistreaming options like HD+Medium+Mobile. But that is too much for my bandwidth to handle - I don't want to be sending the HD and mobile streams to the live channel, I only want people to see the Medium version and still have the HD version recorded to my PC.

My upload speed is only 600kbps. If I try to send an HD stream it either buffers constantly for the viewers or drops after a few seconds. But I can send a medium quality stream just fine. I don't really want to use a third party program to do the local HD capture.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDGEmidland View Post
I was wondering if you could add the Dazzle as a new certified device to the new updated version of Livestream.
Thank you
Would be nice have support to Dazzle capture cards!!!
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:59
Livestream Procaster Support

mfcipriano if you install the latest beta, you should be able to capture from the dazzle. You can download the version from here: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604 if you have any other questions, let us know.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:31

Default How to lower CPU usage with Procaster

Ever since this update several months ago, the CPU usage of Procaster skyrocketted and now it's using 80% to 100% of it, making streaming decently near impossible.

I'm looking for the previous full version of Procaster that was not so CPU-intensive.

I run a Gateway laptop, Windows Vista, 4 GB of RAM, AMD Athlon x2 dual-core processor.
Old 26th October 2011, 20:02

Default Device not recognized

Since installing the latest version, our video camera (listed in Livestream as USB 2860) is not recognized. However, the camera is recognized if we run Webcaster (online). I have decided to downgrade to Version 20.1 until otherwise notified.
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:56
Livestream Procaster Support

@Flood_Master we want to achieve the highest quality encoding possible, this requires more CPU power on the users end. Pending on which exact AMD Athlon x2 dual-core processor you have, you can only stream mobile, or not at all with version 20.2.0 and higher.

@markhambaptist could you install version 20.2.43 (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604) and see if it still gives the same problem, there was a known problem with version 20.2.0 not listing all the capture devices.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:22

A blacklist feature would be nice. Frequently I find Procaster hooking processes I do not intend to stream let alone cannot stream; such as Mumble, Teamspeak, and Hi-Rez Studio's launcher. A simple list where you can browse to an application, select the executable to add, and then adds the name to a "do not hook" list.
Old 10th November 2011, 20:08

Hello, I've noticed that with the new beta 20.2.43 there still appears to be no change to the .getCurrentContentTitle() API function to once again provide functionality that identifies the user who is broadcasting. I've been following the updates and will continue to hope this functionality is returned either via a change to .getCurrentContentTitle() or a new API function. Please consider this change!