Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Technical Questions & Bugs

Old 22nd February 2009, 09:06

Default "Unable to download video" message on 5-hour recordings

On every Mogulus recording that goes the full 5 hours, I see the message "Unable to download the video."

Recordings that are 2 and 3 hours long are available. But if I try and record the maximum 5 hours, every time the video is not available.

Anyone else having this issue? Mogulus, is this a bug?
Old 22nd February 2009, 18:05
Banned

idk about that since I only record little time.
you should email mogulus about the problem.
you can also try to make it 2 files.
Old 22nd February 2009, 18:44

I have allready emailed Mogulus about this. I record a 1 hour show on friday februari 20th, when I go to my recordings, it say: unable to download. Today I have another show and it was 149:55 minutes, thank God this show is converted and import in my studio. I e-mailed them and say to them if they can recover my show, or import it again, because this live show is verry important to us. We have to save this one. I can understand, Mogulus is working hard to solve those issues. Really I still love Mogulus. This software is the best. But still allot of work to do.
Old 22nd February 2009, 20:44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraMediaOnline View Post
I have allready emailed Mogulus about this. I record a 1 hour show on friday februari 20th, when I go to my recordings, it say: unable to download. Today I have another show and it was 149:55 minutes, thank God this show is converted and import in my studio. I e-mailed them and say to them if they can recover my show, or import it again, because this live show is verry important to us. We have to save this one. I can understand, Mogulus is working hard to solve those issues. Really I still love Mogulus. This software is the best. But still allot of work to do.
yeah, your right. Well, if you use FME you can put it to save the file flv, but it may make your computer some more slower since it is recording and sending the same time.
btw, I think the show cant be recovered, well hope it can. good luck ^_^
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:14
Administrator

We did experience an issue with recordings over the weekend which would have caused this for some users. Unfortunately if you didn't save the file locally as kftvonline recommended there is nothing we can do to restore it. If possible it is always a good idea to encode using Flash Media Encoder and save a copy to your desktop as a backup.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 24th February 2009, 08:39

I had the same thing happen yesterday; a 5-hour recording is not available.

Ths clip is 4:59:60 and when I click on it to play it, the window pops up that says, "Your clips are currently being imported. Please retry later."
This has happened to me over the course of two months.

Also, after recording for that time, the live stream just stops. This has happened repeatedly every day over the last week. The 5-hour time period completes, and the stream is stopped.
Old 25th February 2009, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
We did experience an issue with recordings over the weekend which would have caused this for some users. Unfortunately if you didn't save the file locally as kftvonline recommended there is nothing we can do to restore it. If possible it is always a good idea to encode using Flash Media Encoder and save a copy to your desktop as a backup.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Thanks Ben. I have receive a mail from your Team and unfortunately it can't be restore. They have recommend me to save a copy to my desktop using Flash Media Encoder. the same what you just say. I will now do this everytime I have a show.

Again thanks

Edson
Old 19th April 2009, 07:56

Mogulus, do you have any stats on what percentage of the time this happens / does not happen (sort of like uptime stats for ISP's)?
Old 14th April 2010, 16:46

Default Unable to downloa video

I've got same error on several clips, I click on 'retry' but seems that nothing happen.
Does any body knows how to recover the file ?
It's been fixed this error or it's a bug?
Thanks to all.
Old 25th March 2013, 11:12

Unhappy unable to download 1 hour recording

hello I am new to livestream coming over from ustream, which worked great, but too many ads. My clips are also unable to download at at 3 live shows. This is a big headache especially when I tell my listeners to stay tuned for rebroadcast. So I have a few questions:
1. Can auto pilot play files other than .flv & how? (I find myself exporting to mp3 then running through i-tunes since importing .flv takes so long 1.5 per 1 min of recording)
2. Can I use anything else to record my live show since the live stream or mogul recording is not reliable or stable?
Thanks.
3. Also when I am recording where are those files being stored? Where am I downloading from when it says download? The reason I am asking maybe my recording are on that server if they are not on my laptop.

Last edited by djpapajohn; 25th March 2013 at 11:15. Reason: #3 important question