Old 21st February 2009, 09:22

Default Verification

Ho many days to have the channel verified?
Old 21st February 2009, 09:30

Default Same ..

Same question here ...

and what will happend to the channels that not pass the verification? ... shut down? ...

Will continue with limitations? ... can we create a new account and/or channel to send aplication for verification for new ones? (new vision, content, etc.) ...

thanks!
Old 21st February 2009, 20:47

And another question - given the nature of verification, what is Mogulus' position on fair use, esp. regarding transformative video art work using collage made up of other video/film/audio work - a la Bruce Conner, Negativland, Animal Charm, etc. It's only fair that a channel that uses such material (as opposed to blatant restreaming of copyrighted or pirated coprighted work) know whether Mogulus will allow fair use of copyrighted sources before it applies for verification and risks being shutdown for something perfectly legitimate.
Old 22nd February 2009, 07:37

My channel failed the Verification clearly but was not shut down. What bugs me and I don't think they thought of this, is that my channel usually has 40-140 On-Air viewers, but thats cause someone out there (or many) have my player on their website. We do get a good amount of real ppl that chat in the room, like 20+ and their most likely not gonna able to watch anything cause I can't do anything to UN-embed the player from THEIR websites (wherever it may be) which is taking up spots for my REAL viewers.

They should of just had it so you can still have INF Viewers, but still removed from the mogulus search for not being verified. Or have it so you must request a fair cap for your channel.

It's only fair we get removed from the Mogulus search I like that idea, but the whole cap thing is really not needed.

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 22nd February 2009 at 07:56.
Old 22nd February 2009, 19:01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkzJr View Post
My channel failed the Verification clearly but was not shut down. What bugs me and I don't think they thought of this, is that my channel usually has 40-140 On-Air viewers, but thats cause someone out there (or many) have my player on their website. We do get a good amount of real ppl that chat in the room, like 20+ and their most likely not gonna able to watch anything cause I can't do anything to UN-embed the player from THEIR websites (wherever it may be) which is taking up spots for my REAL viewers.

They should of just had it so you can still have INF Viewers, but still removed from the mogulus search for not being verified. Or have it so you must request a fair cap for your channel.

It's only fair we get removed from the Mogulus search I like that idea, but the whole cap thing is really not needed.
yeah, your right. Well, for my channel the thing is that I got my original username locked becuase of an error I did before. my channel does not have a "owner". I would really like that mogulus can put it so the next person on the member list can become the owner of tha channel so it can continue. my channel goes but the good thing is that I did another username for in case that would happended.
Well, hope mogulus can quickly put into a solution with this. there will be not many channels at midnight of monday in mogulus untiil then they can verified the channel.
Old 23rd February 2009, 06:12

even right now at 5:00am est we have 70 ppl in it, and 15 people in the chat. Mogulus needs to do something, give us a tool to disable their embedding of our channel on their website. Nobody in my channel that comes and chats will ever be able to watch at this point...

I'd really like it Mogulus if you did something before the 23rd ends and people are no longer able to watch and just end up leaving for good.

Last edited by TrunkzJr; 23rd February 2009 at 06:16.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:42
Administrator

Channels are verified in the order the application is received. In regards to your question about disabling embedding, the ability to limit the number of viewers watching in embedded players is on the roadmap, but the best solution is to ensure that your channel does not contain unlicensed material and get verified. We will lock channels found to be violating copyrights or the Mogulus Terms of Use.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:11

Default Question about Video Library ...

Hi! Ben ...

Can you tell me if we can hold some "copyrighted material" on the mogulus video library if we donīt use it at all?, i mean if we donīt show that video on the 24/7 linear and/or On Demand menu ... is that alowed by Mogulus without breaking your legal stuff?

May be to CUE that videos on some Live Event as references etc ? ...

thanks!

Last edited by aefox; 23rd February 2009 at 17:23.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:48

I understand Ben, but I think the least Mogulus can do for free channels is give us that Pro option that allows us to see where your player or videos are embedded at so we can respectfully e-mail them to take it down.

Verified or not, we still do not want them to have our channel embed, when you turn off embedding channel, it should disable ALL embedded players, just like if you Embed a single video on a website, if you disable embed for that video, it will no longer load.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrunkzJr View Post
I understand Ben, but I think the least Mogulus can do for free channels is give us that Pro option that allows us to see where your player or videos are embedded at so we can respectfully e-mail them to take it down.

Verified or not, we still do not want them to have our channel embed, when you turn off embedding channel, it should disable ALL embedded players, just like if you Embed a single video on a website, if you disable embed for that video, it will no longer load.
yeah, your right. well, I was on your channel and yeah, there are many people.
well, I hope that mogulus can give us the option of a Pro that you can customize it, verified or not.
Closed Thread

Tags
unsuccesfull, verification, verification no problem