Old 2nd June 2011, 12:23

Default Multiple Camera's in Procaster

Hi,

I have been trying to decide whether to use Procaster or Livestream Studio. In livestream studio, theoretically I am able to switch between my DV camera and my computer camera. However it does not seem to recognize my DV camera that I have plugged into my computer. Procaster does recognize the DV camera, but I can not figure out how to use both my computer camera and my DV camera at the same time. Is it possible to use two cameras with a single procaster if I have two video cards?

Thanks.
Spencer
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:46
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerradical View Post
I have been trying to decide whether to use Procaster or Livestream Studio. In livestream studio, theoretically I am able to switch between my DV camera and my computer camera. However it does not seem to recognize my DV camera that I have plugged into my computer. Procaster does recognize the DV camera, but I can not figure out how to use both my computer camera and my DV camera at the same time. Is it possible to use two cameras with a single procaster if I have two video cards?
spencerradical,

You can only use one camera at a time with Procaster. It's possible that you could bring in your DV camera through Procaster, and then your computer's native camera through the Studio. You can run Procaster and Studio at the same time. However, this is not recommended as it is very CPU intensive.

A better workflow would be to use two separate computers running Procaster - one for each camera. You could then mix the feeds through the Livestream Studio (on a third computer if possible - monitor your CPU usage as you broadcast).

Best,
Jason
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:21

Default Thank you very much

Thank you very much Jason for the suggestion. I have actually found an application called Wirecast that allows me to do what I am looking for.

Tags
multiple cameras, procaster, studio