Old 25th May 2011, 15:04

Default Active users of Livestream's iOS app?

Has anyone seen any numbers on the monthly active users for Livestream's iOS app? A demographic breakdown of the user base would be a huge help as well.

Also, any word on whether an Android app is to come?

I ask because we're proposing a live streaming event to a large client and one argument for using Livestream versus some other vendors under consideration is the Livestream mobile app, which would enable us to deliver a much richer streaming experience on mobile as compared to in-browser streaming. But this is only a good argument if the app has a reasonably large installed base.

I've tried searching for numbers but have come up empty.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ernest
Old 25th May 2011, 18:52
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestk View Post
Has anyone seen any numbers on the monthly active users for Livestream's iOS app? A demographic breakdown of the user base would be a huge help as well.

Also, any word on whether an Android app is to come?

I ask because we're proposing a live streaming event to a large client and one argument for using Livestream versus some other vendors under consideration is the Livestream mobile app, which would enable us to deliver a much richer streaming experience on mobile as compared to in-browser streaming. But this is only a good argument if the app has a reasonably large installed base.
Ernestk,

We're planning on releasing an Android app, although we don't currently have an ETA. As for the iOS app data, this is not something we can release here. If you're interested in this I recommend contacting us on behalf of your company so that we can look further into your inquiry.

http://www.livestream.com/info/contact

Best,
Jason
Old 1st June 2011, 15:20

Hi Jason, thanks for your response.

I've sent my question in via the contact form and look forward to a follow-up.

Thanks again,
Ernest

Tags
app, mobile