Old 24th February 2011, 19:46
Livestream Producer Support

It looks like you have four recordings, ranging from seven seconds to approximately two minutes. In regards to publishing from a Livestream app, we currently do not have a live streaming app for mobile devices. You can disable having the clips save to your Qik account I believe from your Qik account center.
Old 24th February 2011, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
It looks like you have four recordings, ranging from seven seconds to approximately two minutes. In regards to publishing from a Livestream app, we currently do not have a live streaming app for mobile devices. You can disable having the clips save to your Qik account I believe from your Qik account center.
It seems to be an issue from the iphone? After I stream from qik (which shows up on my livestream) when I stop the qik app does "Streaming Video #12" for example. Currently it says it's uploading (which I imagine it's uploading to qik, which I don't want it to do, and no can't turn it off through qik or through the app).

The uploading of even a short clip takes forever, so there is no way I can record more than a few minutes or stream for too long due to this. Would love to know if anyone has bypassed this process and enabled:

Qik to stream directly to LiveStream.
No need to upload stream after to qik - turn that off.
Livestream then shows up video after it has streamed it through (currently the last one I've done, that seems to be still uploading from my phone and I think I have to cancel, is not showing up in my VOD library.
Old 24th February 2011, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycc View Post
It seems to be an issue from the iphone? After I stream from qik (which shows up on my livestream) when I stop the qik app does "Streaming Video #12" for example. Currently it says it's uploading (which I imagine it's uploading to qik, which I don't want it to do, and no can't turn it off through qik or through the app).

The uploading of even a short clip takes forever, so there is no way I can record more than a few minutes or stream for too long due to this. Would love to know if anyone has bypassed this process and enabled:

Qik to stream directly to LiveStream.
No need to upload stream after to qik - turn that off.
Livestream then shows up video after it has streamed it through (currently the last one I've done, that seems to be still uploading from my phone and I think I have to cancel, is not showing up in my VOD library.
On futher tests, it seems ok, if I cancel the upload from qik app on Iphone after I've streamed, it is infact coming up, but under recordings. Still working out how to have these show automatically on my livestream page to public, as I've created a folder (Weds Night Meetings) which is the only one showing up on my live page. May have something to do with where my folders are etc.

So the only real query here is, does anyone know how to switch off (I have switched of upload Auto Export in Settings) the video from "Uploading Stream" after streaming in the iphone app? Perhaps I have to do it manually each time?
Old 25th February 2011, 16:20

To my knowledge auto export cannot be disabled from Qik.
Old 8th March 2011, 19:02

Default Livestreaming from Iphone

Hi,
Convert/ Comparing Ustream to Livestream and i know I can Live broadcast from my Iphone 4... can you do this somehow on Livestream? Is there a App to download or something?
Old 9th March 2011, 10:40

CircleofDocs,

Yes, you can stream from your iPhone 4 to your Livestream channel, through our partnership with Qik.com. Simply download their app and sign up, then provide your Livestream channel and you should be set to broadcast.

Matt
Old 19th April 2011, 23:11

Default LIke to upload from Thunderbold Verzon

HI,
Is there a way to directly upload from the new 4 g Thunderbold phone????
Sure like to know... Roger@orionbluebook.com Thx so much...
Old 20th April 2011, 10:53

rr1455,

At this time there is not a way to directly upload files from mobile phones. You can however stream to your channel via Qik, which can then be uploaded to your channel after your stream had concluded.

Matt
Old 22nd April 2011, 05:47

Default Broadcast stream not working from cell phone

Ughh, very frustrating. I am trying to broadcast from cell phone, I've followed every step. 1. signed in to Qik account 2. Went to My networks. 3. Clicked on Livestream 4. entered my username & password 5. entered my channel (polymedpictures) with autolive checked
I then went to my cell phone and logged into qik and stated the broadcast... it stated that that broadcasting live on qik however when i went to livestream channel i saw my pre-recorded content still running.

What am I doing wrong??

BTW... I am operating an EVO 4G

Thx
Old 22nd April 2011, 06:01

Default Broadcast stream not working from cell phone

Ohh nevermind,

moments after i posted that last reply, I figured it out!

Tags
app, application, camera, device, droid, ipad, iphone, iphone app, live, mobile, mobile broadcasting, qik iphone stream phone, stream, upload from phone, ustream.tv