Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Mac

Closed Thread

Old 7th December 2011, 17:35
Livestream Producer Support

Ouren,

Please provide us with greater details on your system, as well as equipment and audio configuration.

Thanks,
Matt
Livestream Support
Old 7th December 2011, 17:38

Selecting a Soundflower source in the audio mixer causes an immediate crash on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8 running Procaster v20.2.22. Here is a work around that I seem to have found.

Description copied from another thread I posted in:

Okay, I may have found a workaround for Snow Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lostman
Because I couldn't get Procaster to function correctly with Soundflower, I decided to give the newly-released v20.2.22 beta a shot to see if it worked. Unfortunately, the problem actually went from bad to worse, as instead of giving me static when I selected Soundflower in the audio mixer, it immediately crashed Procaster, requiring a force close. That's when I decided to mess around with it a bit, and I think I hit paydirt. While this work around may work in v20.2.0, it has only been tested in 20.2.22, but you may as well give it a shot in either case.

When you first bring up the audio mixer, usually "Speaker audio" is the default source in the mix. For now, let it be. Click "Add Source" and then make that new source "Soundflower 2ch" or "Soundflower 16ch" (whichever one you normally use). Right now, it should be functioning correctly. All that's left is the delete the "Speaker audio" source. You should now be up and running.
Old 8th December 2011, 13:55

Exclamation No Camera Signal

I installed 20.2.22 hoping that it would fix the problem of the crashes we're having with 20.2 (it quits every 40-45 minutes). 20.2.22 doesn't connect to our camera. I get the "lost signal" graphic instead. I can broadcast the desktop.

We're using a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard in the 32 bit mode. The camera, a Cannon HV40 (VIXIA HV40-certified says the Procaster camera choice) works just fine when we run 20.2 and 20.0.89. I rolled it back to those versions just to make sure there wasn't something else wrong.
Old 9th December 2011, 14:43
Livestream Producer Support

uptake,

Could you please open the preferences menu and navigate to the video tab. From here open the cropping tool and let me know if you see your feed within.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 12th December 2011, 11:38
Livestream Procaster Support

Today we are releasing Procaster BETA version 20.2.27 for MAC OSX. This version has a few bug and stability fixes.

Version 20.2.27
Known issues
-1 audio frame off with dv camera's
-2 audio frames off with Matrox
-1080i 60 not available for the Matrox

Changelist
-DV Camera fix
-Desktop Audio Fix (no longer a reboot required for Snow Leopard and Lion)
-Mute issues fixed (where all audio gets muted)

Download it from the first post in this thread: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6991
Closed Thread