Old 19th May 2011, 14:38

Angry Sick of VOD content being LOST

What is it going to take to make the transcoder halfway reliable? I am sick of having multiple videos lost during the transcoding process.
Support's answer is "save a copy to your harddisk". In my mind, that is unacceptable. Livestream advertises a service that will take your broadcast and make it into an on-demand video. That needs to work without requiring users to manage a library on their local PC and check in after every broadcast to see if it uploaded properly.

I have little use for a service that adds to my workload.
Old 21st May 2011, 15:03
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemctvirtualtownmeeting View Post
What is it going to take to make the transcoder halfway reliable? I am sick of having multiple videos lost during the transcoding process.
Support's answer is "save a copy to your harddisk". In my mind, that is unacceptable. Livestream advertises a service that will take your broadcast and make it into an on-demand video. That needs to work without requiring users to manage a library on their local PC and check in after every broadcast to see if it uploaded properly.

I have little use for a service that adds to my workload.
I apologize for any inconvenience here, salemctvirtualtownship. Lost recordings can happen for a number of issues on both your side and ours. This post should help explain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Server side recording is a functionality offered by Livestream. This said, while recordings are generally successful in the vast majority of the time in a small percentage of cases (less than 2% of the time) recordings will fail for a variety of reasons out of our control.

Because of this we always recommend saving a copy of any broadcasts locally as a backup and in any case saving a hard copy backup is always a sound production recommendation. Server side recording it is a new technology and while the success rate will continue to improve as we make improvements to our recording workflow I do anticipate that there will continue to be a small percentage of recordings that will not be successful.

If you had a bad experience with the service it is not the norm and I do apologize for this, we do take the feedback seriously and if you have any other concerns you would like to discuss please feel free to open a ticket, address these to me directly and we can setup a time to discuss in person by phone.

-Ben
Livestream, Head of Support

It's best to investigate these cases within 24-hrs. If this happens again, please contact our support center within that timeframe for troubleshooting:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Best,
Jason
Closed Thread

Tags
failed video, support, transcoding, upload, vod