Old 26th April 2011, 18:32

Default Recordings not showing up

Hello,

Saturday night a friend and I streamed a run through of a game. We recorded over an hour or two but only the last 18 minutes of stream were posted to the channel. Since then I have recorded 2 other plays and neither one have appeared on the channel yet (the 7th was recorded Sunday, and the 8th on Monday). In the videos list it says there are 7 live recordings, though there should be 8. Only 6 are there. The latest one on the list is the one that was cut down to its last 18 minutes. I have not had any problems until the 18 minute video.

I tried looking for an answer to this but have had no luck. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Old 27th April 2011, 12:37
Livestream Producer Support

Taylan213

Issues such as the one you've described are typically related to a drop in connection. Are you using a wired connection, if not I would strongly recommend doing so as wireless routers tend to cycle.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 27th April 2011, 18:24

No, I have been using a wireless connection, but I never had these issues at first. I will see if I can set up a wired connection. Thank you.

Also, is there any way to recover the videos?
Old 28th April 2011, 06:04

Probably not. Livestream switched from saving your clips automatically to deleting them if you don't get to press "save" on procaster (BAD practice guys), and once a video is gone, it's gone.
Old 28th April 2011, 09:39

I named the videos and pressed "save recording" every single time.
Old 28th April 2011, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylan213 View Post
I named the videos and pressed "save recording" every single time.
Welcome to Livestream, where barely anything makes sense and things are rarely their fault.
Open a support ticket and see if they can do anything.
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
Probably not. Livestream switched from saving your clips automatically to deleting them if you don't get to press "save" on procaster (BAD practice guys), and once a video is gone, it's gone.
This is said. Is there anything that livestream can do about this?
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:13
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlilangridge View Post
This is said. Is there anything that livestream can do about this?
If you have any feedback, we'll be happy to make note of your suggestions charlilangridge.

Best,
Jason
Old 4th May 2011, 11:09

Default Awful Experience with Livestream.

The training at Livestream is in the art of "its your fault not ours" - customer service (premium customer service that is) takes no responsibility, has no solution and of course offers no apologies. They once again failed to record a stream and when asked said, we always say you should back up on your own. Given that they advertise the ability to access previous recordings, have a tab and entire UI set up to navigate previous recordings, they can not claim that they don't offer this functionality.
The worst possible experience with a streaming service is if 1. the stream doesn't work 2.the stream is not recorded. I have now experienced both. Better to use Brightcove or Ustream.
Old 4th May 2011, 12:28
Administrator

Server side recording is a functionality offered by Livestream. This said, while recordings are generally successful in the vast majority of the time in a small percentage of cases (less than 2% of the time) recordings will fail for a variety of reasons out of our control.

Because of this we always recommend saving a copy of any broadcasts locally as a backup and in any case saving a hard copy backup is always a sound production recommendation. Server side recording it is a new technology and while the success rate will continue to improve as we make improvements to our recording workflow I do anticipate that there will continue to be a small percentage of recordings that will not be successful.

If you had a bad experience with the service it is not the norm and I do apologize for this, we do take the feedback seriously and if you have any other concerns you would like to discuss please feel free to open a ticket, address these to me directly and we can setup a time to discuss in person by phone.

-Ben
Livestream, Head of Support
Closed Thread

Tags
recordings, showing, uploading, videos