Old 23rd April 2011, 12:42

Default Rfactor

i was wondering if any one can help
when I run the procaster in game mode it crashes Rfactor it will work in desktop mode but fps are very low.

If I delete the d3d9.dll file in the rfactor root directory (that file works a plugin called tv styles) and run in game mode everything looks good and works great and I get about 30fps

The issue I have is that the tv syles plugin make for a better broadcast as they give deatils of speed times laps and all that (a bit like f1 on screen) and there is nothing in game like that is there a work around that would let me have the d3d9.dll file in there while running procaster in game mode

any help will be appreciated as spent a week now trying to figure this out.

Andy
Old 26th April 2011, 10:42

No help then ok have to keep searching
Old 26th April 2011, 10:52
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyr1428 View Post
i was wondering if any one can help
when I run the procaster in game mode it crashes Rfactor it will work in desktop mode but fps are very low.

If I delete the d3d9.dll file in the rfactor root directory (that file works a plugin called tv styles) and run in game mode everything looks good and works great and I get about 30fps

The issue I have is that the tv syles plugin make for a better broadcast as they give deatils of speed times laps and all that (a bit like f1 on screen) and there is nothing in game like that is there a work around that would let me have the d3d9.dll file in there while running procaster in game mode

any help will be appreciated as spent a week now trying to figure this out.

Andy

Hello Currently Rfactor is not supported in procaster, but the dev team is aware of this and they are working on a fix in an upcoming version of procaster.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello Currently Rfactor is not supported in procaster, but the dev team is aware of this and they are working on a fix in an upcoming version of procaster.
option 1
Rfactor is supported if I take out the d3d9.dll file from the Rfactor root directory and run procaster in game mode I get the green hit ctrl f1 to start and get a good live stream of about 30fps and 8/900 upload, but none of the Rfactor plugins work as they are looking for the d3d9.dll file.

If I put back in the d3d9.dll file and run procaster in game mode Rfactor crashes on load up as procaster uses directx files that conflict with the game.

option 2
If I run procaster in screen capture mode and run Rfactor window mode I can then hit go live and it will stream but I take a big hit on the fps sometimes as low as 8 upload speed stays the same but fps drops.

my only option is option 1 run with out the overlay graphics and rely on my broadcasting instincs as my viewers would rather have a stable stream (with out ads every 15 mins but hey its free) than have a lagy stream with grahic overlays.

maybe when the next generation of games are releasd that run on directx 11 some of these issues will go away.

any way thanks for the reply but didnt help me in any way back to the search enginges to find a solution

Andy
Old 9th May 2011, 08:51

Still no help from the peeps on here tried running all diffrent procasters still no luck cant run the game with the d3d9.dll file in it.
also when trying to stream in high quality I get cpu load message and it disconnects. my speeds are
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1288008216.png

my specs are
Windows 7 64
AMD Phenom II x6 1090t 3.20ghz
12gb ram
Nvidea Gforce GTX 460
I am pretty sure that specs meet requirements
any help would be appreciated as this is driving me mad
Old 11th May 2011, 16:14

Quote:
option 1
Rfactor is supported if I take out the d3d9.dll file from the Rfactor root directory and run procaster in game mode I get the green hit ctrl f1 to start and get a good live stream of about 30fps and 8/900 upload, but none of the Rfactor plugins work as they are looking for the d3d9.dll file.

If I put back in the d3d9.dll file and run procaster in game mode Rfactor crashes on load up as procaster uses directx files that conflict with the game.

option 2
If I run procaster in screen capture mode and run Rfactor window mode I can then hit go live and it will stream but I take a big hit on the fps sometimes as low as 8 upload speed stays the same but fps drops.

my only option is option 1 run with out the overlay graphics and rely on my broadcasting instincs as my viewers would rather have a stable stream (with out ads every 15 mins but hey its free) than have a lagy stream with grahic overlays.

maybe when the next generation of games are releasd that run on directx 11 some of these issues will go away.

any way thanks for the reply but didnt help me in any way back to the search enginges to find a solution

Andy

Hello,

The add-ons in R-Factor use a modified version of the default DirectX 9 library. We from Livestream don't support modifications on these files outside the ones officially released by microsoft. We are sorry for this and hope you understand.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:18

Yeah no probs I understand its a small sacrifice to keep that file in there to get a nice graphic overlay.

but what I dont understand is that if I try and stream Rfactor in window mode and any settings above normal it says my cpu above 80% and internet stream not good enough if I try and run in HD / normal mobile it just crashes and gives up is procaster really that cpu intensive that anything above normal will not stream I dont think its my upload speed or pc specs as there isnt much else I can add to make it quicker.

if I run in high mode I can just about get away with it but FPS take a bit of a hit I have tried custom but every time I change anything I get a HP not opening error. tried rolling back to older procasters but they are not as good any help on this would be appreciated as I have tried other sites with xspilt but I like the studio and other stuff that you offer as a package and just would like to find some optimum settings that I can live with

desktop is 1680 by 1050 and game is run in window mode the same I have tried other settings but still get that error and I have tried it with the very latest procaster Version 20.1.217

Andy
Old 11th May 2011, 19:18

Quote:
Yeah no probs I understand its a small sacrifice to keep that file in there to get a nice graphic overlay.

but what I dont understand is that if I try and stream Rfactor in window mode and any settings above normal it says my cpu above 80% and internet stream not good enough if I try and run in HD / normal mobile it just crashes and gives up is procaster really that cpu intensive that anything above normal will not stream I dont think its my upload speed or pc specs as there isnt much else I can add to make it quicker.

if I run in high mode I can just about get away with it but FPS take a bit of a hit I have tried custom but every time I change anything I get a HP not opening error. tried rolling back to older procasters but they are not as good any help on this would be appreciated as I have tried other sites with xspilt but I like the studio and other stuff that you offer as a package and just would like to find some optimum settings that I can live with

desktop is 1680 by 1050 and game is run in window mode the same I have tried other settings but still get that error and I have tried it with the very latest procaster Version 20.1.217

Andy

Andy,

Could you test the following
-Close everything, say the average CPU Usage,
-Start RFactor, give the average CPU usage
-Game mode of the game, normal quality, and see the CPU usage of Procaster in the task manager.
-Desktop mode same size as the game window, normal quality as well, and see how much the CPU usage is at that time.

Could you also say which shader type you are using (the DX7, 8 or 9 one)?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 12th May 2011, 04:59

1% and 1.54GB

Window mode 1680 by 1050 DX9 all setting in game max to full

18% and 2.95GB

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at high medium

70% to 90% and 2.61GB warning cpu over 80% try closing or lower quaility

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at HD High

90% to 100% and 2.61GB warning cpu over 80% try closing or lower quaility procaster crashes

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at Medium

45% to 70% and 3.01GB warning internet to slow for quaility then perfect streaming.

If I stream in game mode it works ok but stream for viewers in pixalated on full screen
if I up it to hd high cpu is at over 80%

it looks like that medium setting is probably about the best I can go with my settings I have also tried overclocking but still same results tried shader on auto still same results havnt tried on dx7 as some mods need dx9 to work.

would like to stream in at least high quaility I will start to reduce the setting in the game but dont think that will make much diffrence as its the procaster that is very cpu intensive.

All drivers up to date as well hope you can find a work around for this

Andy
Old 12th May 2011, 11:10

Quote:

1% and 1.54GB

18% and 2.95GB

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at high medium

70% to 90% and 2.61GB warning cpu over 80% try closing or lower quaility

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at HD High

90% to 100% and 2.61GB warning cpu over 80% try closing or lower quaility procaster crashes

Start RFactor, and procaster give the average CPU usage procaster set at Medium

45% to 70% and 3.01GB warning internet to slow for quaility then perfect streaming.

If I stream in game mode it works ok but stream for viewers in pixalated on full screen
if I up it to hd high cpu is at over 80%

it looks like that medium setting is probably about the best I can go with my settings I have also tried overclocking but still same results tried shader on auto still same results havnt tried on dx7 as some mods need dx9 to work.

would like to stream in at least high quaility I will start to reduce the setting in the game but dont think that will make much diffrence as its the procaster that is very cpu intensive.

All drivers up to date as well hope you can find a work around for this

Andy
Andy,

We shall look into this and look for ways to decrease the CPU usage. It shouldn't be this high on your system.