Old 21st April 2011, 12:51

Exclamation Serious Usability Issues

Saving Channels - This Should Be Easy...

Problem:

I log in, then I find a channel I want to view. As soon as I navigate away from my home user screen, the top of the page says "Login" again, as though I haven't already logged in.

There doesn't appear to be any way to save favorite channels. Maddening.

When I click "Login" again, and login, it takes me back to a screen as though I am a broadcaster, not a viewer. I am prompted to upload videos, etc.

As soon as I navigate back to the channel (eg: CNET), the screen again appears as if I'm not logged in, and there's now way to bookmark a favorite channel.

Repeat...

Help!

I tried logging in via IE (different browser) and the site doesn't even recognize the account I just created. Bummer.
Old 21st April 2011, 13:12
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Fin View Post
Saving Channels - This Should Be Easy...

Problem:

I log in, then I find a channel I want to view. As soon as I navigate away from my home user screen, the top of the page says "Login" again, as though I haven't already logged in.

There doesn't appear to be any way to save favorite channels. Maddening.

When I click "Login" again, and login, it takes me back to a screen as though I am a broadcaster, not a viewer. I am prompted to upload videos, etc.

As soon as I navigate back to the channel (eg: CNET), the screen again appears as if I'm not logged in, and there's now way to bookmark a favorite channel.

Repeat...

Help!

I tried logging in via IE (different browser) and the site doesn't even recognize the account I just created. Bummer.
AB_Fin,

We've done away with our favorite channels feature. You can always bookmark them as a work-around.

The rest of your issues sound like they're related to your browser security/cookie settings, as this isn't the default behavior of Livestream. If you relax your security settings, you should be able to log in once and navigate anywhere on the site without repeating the process (until you log out, of course).

Best,
Jason

Tags
channels, usability