Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Technical Questions & Bugs

Old 19th April 2011, 15:22

Default How to import mp4 into Adode Premiere Pro CS5 without audio going out of sync?

Does anyone know how to import livestreams mp4's into Adode Premiere Pro CS5 without the audio going out of sync?

I could convert the mp4 to avi but that would take a lot more time.

There has to be a way to directly import livestream's mp4 without the audio going out of sync when played inside premiere.
Old 19th April 2011, 15:51
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzarius View Post
Does anyone know how to import livestreams mp4's into Adode Premiere Pro CS5 without the audio going out of sync?

I could convert the mp4 to avi but that would take a lot more time.

There has to be a way to directly import livestream's mp4 without the audio going out of sync when played inside premiere.
Hello,

With the new beta of procaster, it insures better audio sync in your local recording and in your recording saved to the studio. You would need to download the latest beta of procaster. For more information please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6626
Old 19th April 2011, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello,

With the new beta of procaster, it insures better audio sync in your local recording and in your recording saved to the studio. You would need to download the latest beta of procaster. For more information please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6626
That's great news, but the only problem is I already recorded 50 hours of footage.

Please note that when I play my existing MP4 files they play properly in VLC, MPC, WMP, etc. The audio is synced during playback in all major players. But the only time it goes out of sync is in premiere.

These are my current options, can you recommend anymore?

1. Convert 22gb of footage from MP4 to AVI XVID which then imports into Premiere properly. (THIS DID NOT WORK. Audio went out of sync during conversation using Freez Converter, going to try another program).
2. Maybe update the codecs so premiere imports properly?

Any other solutions you can think of?

Last edited by Luzarius; 19th April 2011 at 17:30.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:20

Default Most efficient way to fix MP4 files for import in Adobe Premiere CS5?

What is the most efficient way to fix MP4 files for import in Adobe Premiere CS5?

The problem is the mp4 files import into adobe premiere cs5 with the audio out of sync.

I have over 22gb of footage and need to make sure I can import them into adobe premiere cs5. Thanks.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:46
Livestream

Quote:
What is the most efficient way to fix MP4 files for import in Adobe Premiere CS5?

The problem is the mp4 files import into adobe premiere cs5 with the audio out of sync.

I have over 22gb of footage and need to make sure I can import them into adobe premiere cs5. Thanks.
Luzarius,

You might want to contact Adobe for their recommended settings. You can always try transcoding the file before import with something like MPEG Streamclip (which is free) if there are compatibility issues.

Best,
Jason
Old 26th April 2011, 17:35

Quote:

If you've got the master collection you could try converting with Adobe Media Converter CS5
Old 29th May 2011, 10:31

Default The Frame-rate us usually not what you record at.

Usually something less professional than Final Cut or Adobe Premier will record at nearly the frame-rate you tell it to. For example, if you tell it to record at 29.97 or 30fps, it will try to record at that rate. But, 99% of the time the fps will drop to about 25 or less. When you import the video into a pro editing program like FCP or premier it will look at it like it is 30fps. The audio actually IS 30fps, but like i mentioned before, the video will not be.

The only solution would be to convert the recorded video (i saw this recommended earlier) into another format. But if you use some third-party $50 transcoder program, 9 times out of 10 the result will NOT be acceptable. The only reliable transcoders are Apple Compressor (industry standard), Sorenson Squeeze or Adobe Media Encoder. Also, DO NOT use a third party codec like DivX. Use what your editing system likes. Ex. FCP wants ProRes or AIC codecs, Premier would want AVI or something. It also depends on your operating system.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:56

Angry Can't edit the MP4 on a Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Luzarius, You might want to contact Adobe for their recommended settings. You can always try transcoding the file before import with something like MPEG Streamclip (which is free) if there are compatibility issues.
I'd like to confirm that this approach does not work on the Mac. I've got Final Cut Suite, Adobe CS5, VLC and the latest MPEG Streamclip and nothing will edit these downloaded MP4s. They all complain about it not being a valid filetype. Premiere Pro has horrible sync & playback issues.

If anyone gets it working - on any platform - let us know here in the forums. I'm going to try MPEG streamclip on Windows.
Old 31st May 2011, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechapel View Post
The only solution would be to convert the recorded video (i saw this recommended earlier) into another format. But if you use some third-party $50 transcoder program, 9 times out of 10 the result will NOT be acceptable. The only reliable transcoders are Apple Compressor (industry standard), Sorenson Squeeze or Adobe Media Encoder.
Normally I'd agree; I've used all the above. However, MPEG Streamclip has been heavily tested here and works great for many, many conversions. It's my preferred tool for x264 encoding (pre-encoding scaling and de-interlacing) and for PAL conversions when I need less-than-ultimate quality (like I'd get from Compressor, if I can wait until old age for it to finish).

Be wary of the cheap ones, but MPS is a gem among the rabble for many kinds of conversion.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:45

Default Import MP4 to Adobe Premiere Pro

Since you could convert the mp4 to avi but that would take a lot more time, and can't bring a perfect sync in audio/video, have you tried other video app like brorsoft video converter. This tool is professionalized in converting MP4 video into Premiere Pro favorable video format MPEG-2 with fast speed and perfect A/V sync.

By the way, if you wanna a smooth editing in Adobe Premiere Pro, you need adjust the video. audio parameters best suitable for your editing program. This MP4 to Premiere Pro converter can help you do it. Have a try.