Old 11th February 2009, 20:36

Default Multiple Cameras (Picture in Picture, etcetera)

Is there any way to have either a splitscreen or a picture in picture in Mogulus? If it's not built in, what's a good program to use that I can use as a source?

Basically I just want to be able to broadcast two live webcams simulataneously on my channel.
Old 19th February 2009, 13:56

Default Same here

I want the same thing, the only thing I can think of is manycam but that doesn't do what I want.

I want to do live video interviews with members over the inet. So if I ask a question and need to cue their cam, that seems very slow.

If I can't do live video, I wonder if there is another way of just getting 2 different audio feeds and putting 2 in one.

Basicly this concept is in practice on all major news networks on real tv. (Yes Yes, I kno that is different....99.999% different)
Old 1st March 2009, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetv View Post
Is there any way to have either a splitscreen or a picture in picture in Mogulus? If it's not built in, what's a good program to use that I can use as a source?

Basically I just want to be able to broadcast two live webcams simulataneously on my channel.
I use WebCamMax to stream the pic in pic. It's a relatively inexpensive program and works ok... altho it does have it's issues...RAM hog and is known to crash. There is also a free program out there called SuperWebCam that has similar features and problems.

You can see some examples of it on my channel.
Old 1st March 2009, 19:54

A great solution is visual communicator 3, from Adobe. Not a cheap software, but has lots of features, and allows live broadcast from 3 cameras.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:14

Default We do this with hardware.

When we do interviews over the internet we run skype on a mac inside the studio and just have the interviewer talk to the computer screen. just make sure you have direct audio from the skype call mixed in with your interviewers mic or the viewers will heard very poor audio even with great speakers.

you can just have him sit next the the screen for a PIP effect or buy a $1000 roland video switcher from bhphotvideo.com and do your own PIP.
Old 15th April 2009, 06:45

Procaster/com hasn't fixed this - I want to do 2d/3d mixing I have to have all the cameras connected to one pc, I would prefer to be able to have two cameras streaming so you could have for example the presenter/interviewer on the left and the interviewee on another camera on another computer on the right. As it is...only 1 camera can be shown at a time.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:29

Thumbs up Moderator on video skype window

Two users. Lets call them
- controller = person who is going to speak most of the time and who controls the screen
- moderator = person who is speaking less and not controlling the screen

Couldn't you have the moderator on skype video that is streaming to the controller?

While the moderator is talking, the controller would put their skype video on screen and go to 2D or 3D mode. I'm not sure about the audio, but several people have proposed creative solutions. When the moderator is not talking, the controller can either go full-screen or use 2D/3D with slides or other screenshare.

Wouldn't this work? Only thing I can think which is a problem is that normally the moderator would be more in control. In this scenario, the moderator is waiting for the controller/interviewee to toss back to them (bring up their skype video).
Old 26th May 2009, 07:31

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCendo View Post
A great solution is visual communicator 3, from Adobe. Not a cheap software, but has lots of features, and allows live broadcast from 3 cameras.
Thanks for the tip!

I still couldn't make the idea of mixing the sound of my mic with the sound of skype in a single link to Mogulus work.

Is this really possible?
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:17

I am streaming a video game with procaster on my gaming rig and have a webcam and studio running on another pc so I can handle the chat room and ticker, etc without leaving the game.

If studio could do picture in picture so the webcam and game could merge it would be awsome.

The third party software they recommend on the support section does pip only if everything is on one pc correct?

I do not think there is a solution for me right now
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:32

We do something like this on the cheap for the weekly PbLive interviews.
Our Firewire camera is in studio, on the host. We use Skype for the video interview and then use a program called "CamTwist" to show only the portion of the desktop around the Skype video. CamTwist shows up as a camera feed in the pulldown menu. When the interview is going on, we switch between the "DV Video" feed from the studio camera and the "CamTwist" feed to jump back and forth between the two people.
No synching, no waiting. The computer audio (and thereby, Skype) is fed through the USB sound board, so there's no audio change when we switch sources either.