Old 12th April 2011, 23:57

Default Viewer Hours?

Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to approximate how many viewers watched your channel based on the viewer hours. I could see who was watching moment to moment when the webcast was live, but I'm wondering how many folks it was in total (seeing that the number moved a bit).

Also if the webcast is embedded elsewhere do those numbers register as well in the viewer hours? In the viewer count in studio?

Any help would be amazing!

Many thanks,
Jenn
Old 13th April 2011, 12:57
Livestream Producer Support

EO_DC,

The only true measurement of traffic on your channel would be using an analytics tool. Viewer hours can be measured as follows: 1 person watching for 1 hour, 2 for 30 minutes, 3 for 20 minutes, so therefore trying to determine from total hours wouldn't be completely accurate. Full analytics are available to our Premium channels.

In regards to your other queries the total viewers number is anyone watching your channel from your channel page, as well as wherever it's embedded.

Matt
Old 18th April 2011, 00:12

Question same topic, different question

is there a limit to viewer hours? i have a verified channel, but not premium.
Old 18th April 2011, 00:51

Question same topic, different question

is there a limit to viewer hours? i have a verified channel, but not premium.
Old 18th April 2011, 09:00
Livestream Project Manager

No matter what your Channel's status, Free & Unverified, Free & Verified, or Premium, we do not limit your viewer hours.

-
Rick Stern
Old 10th August 2011, 11:44

Question Stop number of Viewers from showing

I am new to Livestream we have been checking the various live streaming sites and have found this one to be one of the best even though we are using a free account and as an organization we have made a decision to use the free account for a few weeks as a training process before we upgrade to premium so we can become acquainted with the studio and how to operate it well.

I would like to know, if there is a way to stop the number of persons viewing the channel even when live shows are on from showing on the player.

Also can anyone suggest a great camera we can purchase which will be able to be used on our computer to carry live shows, we do not want to continue using our web cam we need to purchase a broadcasting camera which will also have the USB end to use with the computer.

We have a Sony DV camera however it cannot be used to do live recordings via the internet we can record live shows and save it on the camera and transfer the videos to the computer but it cannot be used as a live feed camera for live shows to be carried via the internet.

Thank you in advance for a speedy response.

Last edited by Breachrepairer; 10th August 2011 at 12:00.
Old 10th August 2011, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breachrepairer View Post
I am new to Livestream we have been checking the various live streaming sites and have found this one to be one of the best even though we are using a free account and as an organization we have made a decision to use the free account for a few weeks as a training process before we upgrade to premium so we can become acquainted with the studio and how to operate it well.

I would like to know, if there is a way to stop the number of persons viewing the channel even when live shows are on from showing on the player.

Also can anyone suggest a great camera we can purchase which will be able to be used on our computer to carry live shows, we do not want to continue using our web cam we need to purchase a broadcasting camera which will also have the USB end to use with the computer.

We have a Sony DV camera however it cannot be used to do live recordings via the internet we can record live shows and save it on the camera and transfer the videos to the computer but it cannot be used as a live feed camera for live shows to be carried via the internet.

Thank you in advance for a speedy response.
Hello,

The ability to remove the viewer count from your player is available to Premium channels only.

We recommend using a DV Cam via a Firewire port (IEEE 1934/i.Link) to stream Live. USB cameras do not currently support digital pass through which is necessary for Live streaming. I would recommend acquiring a computer with a Firewire port to use with your Sony DV Cam.

Tags
viewers