Old 30th May 2011, 12:06
Livestream Producer Support

NewLifeTempleChurch,

I assume since you say Procaster is recognizing the device that it is powered on and you have the correct source selected on the device, analog/digital in?

Could you please let me know the error message you're getting from Procaster?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:28

The computer recognize that the ADVC 110. When I run the Procaster it shows my camera (ADVC 110) as Microsoft /DV Camera VCR. Then when I try to go live I get a messages "Error Opening Camera (it can be busy)... if even if the camera is in record mode. Is there a particular way that I should set the setting? Would it be better for me to call livestream for more assistance?
Old 7th June 2011, 14:13
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLifeTempleChurch View Post
The computer recognize that the ADVC 110. When I run the Procaster it shows my camera (ADVC 110) as Microsoft /DV Camera VCR. Then when I try to go live I get a messages "Error Opening Camera (it can be busy)... if even if the camera is in record mode. Is there a particular way that I should set the setting? Would it be better for me to call livestream for more assistance?
NewLifeTempleChurch,

Can you be sure that no other programs are using the camera source (Skype or your browser, for example)? Can you replicate this with any other programs, such as Adobe FMLE? It's probably best if you call in or open a support ticket so that we can troubleshoot more directly.

Best,
Jason
Old 26th July 2011, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC729 View Post
I have a Canon Vixia HV40. It has a firewire and works GREAT. The problem is finding smaller laptops with firewire. In the future, USB3 will replace firewire. So the question is will the usb's in the cameras work with the new USB3 when it comes out
I'm considering a Vixia HV40 for livestreaming. Curious: can you stream with the camera in HD mode, or do you need to be in SD mode to connect over firewire?
Old 26th July 2011, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by opencourt View Post
I'm considering a Vixia HV40 for livestreaming. Curious: can you stream with the camera in HD mode, or do you need to be in SD mode to connect over firewire?
For streaming via Firewire, you will need to use the SD mode on the camera. Currently, procaster doesn't support HDV format video via Firewire.
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:26

We are in the process of setting up for streaming and the whole connecting cameras thing has been the toughest issue.

We are buying a new windows laptop to be solely the streaming machine. The only problem is that now days virtually no new laptops have firewire.

How do capture cards connect to the computer. Would USB 3.0 be available in some cards? Can my Canon HF20 connect to some capture card and be able to stream?

Would the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle work through usb 3.0?

Last edited by rdegk155; 3rd August 2011 at 19:32.
Old 3rd August 2011, 20:38
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdegk155 View Post
We are in the process of setting up for streaming and the whole connecting cameras thing has been the toughest issue.

We are buying a new windows laptop to be solely the streaming machine. The only problem is that now days virtually no new laptops have firewire.

How do capture cards connect to the computer. Would USB 3.0 be available in some cards? Can my Canon HF20 connect to some capture card and be able to stream?

Would the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle work through usb 3.0?
Answered here:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7648
Old 12th August 2011, 13:37

Why is it my canon HDV40 is NOT recognized and your is........I have a MacBook.......Am I doing something wrong. I've been at this for weeks now,Please help.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:57

Premier2011,

Could you please confirm that you're connecting via Firewire and that your camera is in SD mode.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 26th December 2011, 14:07

Default Help

Hello,
I have a Sony Handycam and I would like to know how I can live stream via USB. I can see the folder that pops up but I cannot see it in Procaster, etc. Also, if you know a good free Windows video editing software that I can use to edit my background that would be great. Thanks.

Tags
sony