Old 27th April 2011, 18:28
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLifeTempleChurch View Post
Will the Canopus ADVC-110 mini also work or only this one for live streaming? I want to make sure before I make the purchase.
The Canopus ADVC-110 is a capture device that takes in an analog signal and converts it to digital via firewire. It's not the same as a camera.

The Canopus ADVC Mini hasn't been properly tested with Procaster at this point. If you decide to purchase it, please let us know how it works.

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 27th April 2011 at 18:36.
Old 10th May 2011, 18:23

Question

Now that I have the Canopus, will it work with the Procaster...if so do I need to make change to the settings? I tried connecting but Procaster didn't see my camera.
Old 10th May 2011, 19:21
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Now that I have the Canopus, will it work with the Procaster...if so do I need to make change to the settings? I tried connecting but Procaster didn't see my camera.
NewLifeTempleChurch,

the Canopus ADVC110 is compatible with the Procaster software. How are you connecting your Sony camcorder to the canopus box? Did you purchase the ADVC110 or the mini?
Old 11th May 2011, 00:21

Thumbs up Hollywood Dazzle works great with Sony & Procaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmroberts16 View Post
NewLifeTempleChurch,

the Canopus ADVC110 is compatible with the Procaster software. How are you connecting your Sony camcorder to the canopus box? Did you purchase the ADVC110 or the mini?
You might want to try a Hollywood Dazzle unit... you can find them on Ebay for around $100. they will take Composite or S-video and convert to Firewire. I run both Sony and Panasonic cams and never had a problem with Procaster seeing them. I've used it with both PC and Mac.
Old 11th May 2011, 14:51

I got the TwinPack 100. I misplaced the information for the model number you gave me.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:41
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstream View Post
You might want to try a Hollywood Dazzle unit... you can find them on Ebay for around $100.
I just wanted to note that Dazzle devices aren't officially supported by Procaster.

Quote:
I got the TwinPack 100. I misplaced the information for the model number you gave me.
NewLifeTempleChurch,

The Canopus TwinPact100 hasn't been properly tested and thus is not officially supported. However it may work - if it does, Procaster will recognize the Canopus device as a video source.

Best,
Jason
Old 12th May 2011, 16:38

I forgot to answer your question. In the front of the devise I connect the cables coming from the camera. Then I connected the firewire from the device to the computer.
Old 18th May 2011, 23:26

Default Connecting a Sony XHR-NX5U to a MacBook via the ADVC110

This thread pretty much answers my question, but I just want to check I've got everything right just in case.

I'm looking to livestream an event with a Sony XHR-NX5U. The camera doesn't have a Firewire output, so I haven't been able to get Procaster to recognise it.

The camera does have AV Out, HDMI Out, Component Out and SDI Out though, so if I purchase a ADVC110 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&A=details&Q=) will I be able to run the feed through it?

Also, I intend to have Procaster set up on a MacBook Pro. I noticed the ADVC110 has a 4 pin Firewire on it and my MacBook has a 9 pin port. If I use a 4 pin to 9 pin cable will that work fine?
Old 19th May 2011, 12:42
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbournePressClub View Post
This thread pretty much answers my question, but I just want to check I've got everything right just in case.

I'm looking to livestream an event with a Sony XHR-NX5U. The camera doesn't have a Firewire output, so I haven't been able to get Procaster to recognise it.

The camera does have AV Out, HDMI Out, Component Out and SDI Out though, so if I purchase a ADVC110 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&A=details&Q=) will I be able to run the feed through it?

Also, I intend to have Procaster set up on a MacBook Pro. I noticed the ADVC110 has a 4 pin Firewire on it and my MacBook has a 9 pin port. If I use a 4 pin to 9 pin cable will that work fine?
You should not have any issues if you use a 4 to 9 pin cable or a 6 to 9 pin cable
Old 29th May 2011, 18:45

Unhappy

I went back and purchased the Canopus ADVC-110. However, Procaster still is not recognizing the camera. The laptop recognizes the connection, but when I try to start streaming I get an error message. Is there something I'm missing in the set up? I've used a webcam just fine, but I'm getting nothing with the ADVC-110.

Tags
sony