Old 4th April 2011, 17:37

Exclamation Connecting camera for live feed

I use a Sony HDR-XR 100 and a Dell laptop. Can you suggest how to connect the Sonny for live feed? I know that the USB will not work, and I can't find any camcorders that use firwire these days. No one seems to know how to make this work, but I know there has to be a way for the Sony to be able to do live streaming.
Old 4th April 2011, 20:00

Red face My Camera has no Firewire but..

I have really wanted to connect my HD Panasonic HDC-TM15 but it only has HDMI so I cannot use firewire. I bought firewire thinking I could then i realized it, What i was wondering is if that I can use any middle man to convert my HDMI to Firewire or w/e

BTW I have 3 output things I can do on my camera, that would be HDMI, Composite, USB. USB doesnt work on my computer because it doesnt set up as a live video but only transfers the recorded files.

Experts. Please help me!

Jimmy
Old 4th April 2011, 20:22
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweatheralert View Post
I have really wanted to connect my HD Panasonic HDC-TM15 but it only has HDMI so I cannot use firewire. I bought firewire thinking I could then i realized it, What i was wondering is if that I can use any middle man to convert my HDMI to Firewire or w/e

BTW I have 3 output things I can do on my camera, that would be HDMI, Composite, USB. USB doesnt work on my computer because it doesnt set up as a live video but only transfers the recorded files.

Experts. Please help me!

Jimmy
theweatheralert,

You'll need some sort of capture device. You can capture HD with a Black Magic device (only if you have a desktop computer):
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...coming_soon.5D

You can also capture your camera's composite output with something like a Canopus ADVC-110 (your camera's composite output will go into the Canopus, which will then go into your computer via firewire). Note that you can only achieve standard def when using the Canopus.

Best,
Jason
Old 4th April 2011, 20:30
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLifeTempleChurch View Post
I use a Sony HDR-XR 100 and a Dell laptop. Can you suggest how to connect the Sonny for live feed? I know that the USB will not work, and I can't find any camcorders that use firwire these days. No one seems to know how to make this work, but I know there has to be a way for the Sony to be able to do live streaming.
NewLifeTempleChurch,

Your camera has both composite and HDMI outputs as well, correct? If so, my response to theweatheralert should apply to you as well.

Best,
Jason
Old 5th April 2011, 13:57

Default Camera with firewire

I have a Canon Vixia HV40. It has a firewire and works GREAT. The problem is finding smaller laptops with firewire. In the future, USB3 will replace firewire. So the question is will the usb's in the cameras work with the new USB3 when it comes out
Old 5th April 2011, 16:02
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC729 View Post
I have a Canon Vixia HV40. It has a firewire and works GREAT. The problem is finding smaller laptops with firewire. In the future, USB3 will replace firewire. So the question is will the usb's in the cameras work with the new USB3 when it comes out
In general most cameras do not support digital pass through via USB, however if you find one that does then it should work with Procaster.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:05

Smile what camera

Hi
I would like to buy a camcorder that is cheap and not to professional. I have looked at a lot of the Panasonic camcorders but not sure if they will work and how to connect them to my mac for live stream, what out puts does the camera need and what cables do i need?
I would like it to be able to just plug in and live stream.

Can any body recommend a camcorder
between 50-600
Comes with a remote
Long battery life
able to record to SD card
Able to plug a extra MIC in

Thanks
Ross
Old 24th April 2011, 04:27

Default Logitech web Camera

If you want a good streaming camera that uses USB connection. The logitech c910 web cam does a excellent job of recording video. The camera has a pan and zoom in and out.It also has a color and lighting balance you can adjust manually. Great camera for the money. It costs less than $100.00. If you like to see our shows go to http://livestream.com/karaokedj
Old 24th April 2011, 09:20
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokedj View Post
If you want a good streaming camera that uses USB connection. The logitech c910 web cam does a excellent job of recording video. The camera has a pan and zoom in and out.It also has a color and lighting balance you can adjust manually. Great camera for the money. It costs less than $100.00. If you like to see our shows go to http://livestream.com/karaokedj
Thanks for the recommendation, karaokedj. I should point out that while the Logitech c910 works great on PCs, the results have been different on Mac devices. We recommend the Logitech c910 for PCs only.

Best,
Jason
Old 27th April 2011, 17:19

Will the Canopus ADVC-110 mini also work or only this one for live streaming? I want to make sure before I make the purchase.

Tags
sony