Old 1st April 2011, 21:51

Unhappy Error Connection Failed??

Ok, every time I try to log in to Procaster, it says "Error Connection Failed." I can't even log in, so I can't Livestream. I can log into the website just fine though!

I'm using my correct password/username, and my version of Procaster is the newest one (I just downloaded it). What do I do?

Download Speed: .94mbps
Upload Speed: .31mbps
Ping: 50ms
Wireless Internet
My browser is Internet Explorer.

Please help!
Old 4th April 2011, 14:04
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkberry19 View Post
Ok, every time I try to log in to Procaster, it says "Error Connection Failed." I can't even log in, so I can't Livestream. I can log into the website just fine though!

I'm using my correct password/username, and my version of Procaster is the newest one (I just downloaded it). What do I do?

Download Speed: .94mbps
Upload Speed: .31mbps
Ping: 50ms
Wireless Internet
My browser is Internet Explorer.
pinkberry19,

Your upload speed is very slow. You only have an upload speed of about 310Kbps - we recommend a minimum upload speed of 700Kbps. This could be the reason. I recommend trying to stream in mobile quality (198Kbps).

If you're using a wireless connection, plugging into a dedicated connection should improve your upload speed.

Best,
Jason
Old 5th April 2011, 01:45

Default Well...

Well, I don't see how my upload speed could be a problem if I can't even sign into to Livestream in the first place. The problem is that, when I try tp sign-in in the window, it gives me that "Error Connection Failed" thing and I can't sign in. So, I don't really have to choice of streaming in mobile quality.

The wireless connection that I'm using right now doesn't seem to be the problem, either, because all the other computers in my home (which are even slower than this one) run Livestream just fine. I simply want to fix Livestream so that it works on the computer I am currently on.

Last edited by pinkberry19; 5th April 2011 at 02:38. Reason: Fixed a typooo
Old 5th April 2011, 14:24
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkberry19 View Post
Well, I don't see how my upload speed could be a problem if I can't even sign into to Livestream in the first place. The problem is that, when I try tp sign-in in the window, it gives me that "Error Connection Failed" thing and I can't sign in. So, I don't really have to choice of streaming in mobile quality.

The wireless connection that I'm using right now doesn't seem to be the problem, either, because all the other computers in my home (which are even slower than this one) run Livestream just fine. I simply want to fix Livestream so that it works on the computer I am currently on.
Pinkberry19,

Your internet connection could be playing a critical role in why you are having issues broadcasting with Procaster. We recommend using a wired connection because wireless routers tend to cycle, causing you to lose your connection while broadcasting. This is most likely the reason why the 'Error Connection Failed' prompt is appearing. You may be able to view the content on Livestream without an issue with your current connection, but as Jason mentioned above, we recommend a wired connection at 700kbps upload speed for a successful broadcasting experience.

Laura
Old 5th April 2011, 23:58

Default Well...

I've mentioned this already, but I can use Livestream on my other computers (which happen to also have a wireless connection with SLOWER upload speeds). The one thing that you guys are not understanding is that I'm not really having trouble broadcasting, I'm just having trouble getting the ability to broadcast. I can't sign in. My internet isn't interfering with my broadcasting, because I can't broadcast. That is why I created this thread. I am not having trouble broadcasting, I am having trouble logging into the little window that comes up.

If it works on all my other computers which have slower upload speeds and the same connection, I can not see how my connection matters. I don't have the ability to have a wired internet without purchasing the little thingy, so you're saying that the only way to fix my Procaster is by purchasing something.

It would really help if someone could reply with actual, detailed response that would help me in getting Procaster to work. Thank you.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:45

pinkberry19,

Could you please confirm that IE is not set to work offline. I've seen this issue before and users had IE set to work offline.

Matt
Old 6th April 2011, 19:06

Default nope.

Nope, my IE isn't set to work offline. I've reset it just to make sure, and it's not affecting anything.
Old 7th April 2011, 14:28

pinkberry19,

At this point it'd be best to open a support ticket here:

https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

In the ticket please outline your system specs including the following:

Computer Processor
RAM
Video Card
Operating System

Also, have you tried doing a fresh install of Procaster yet? If not please uninstall, restart your system and install once again.

Matt

Tags
ailed, connection, error, fail, internet