Old 2nd February 2009, 02:54

Default Mogulus Ports

Hi, I wanted to create a QoS setting for mogulus through my router, but I need to know which ports or server I should be setting it at. Mainly, I just don't want your uploader to prevent me from doing other things while it is uploading. It hogs the upstream like crazy. I just want to give it a lower priority. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:39
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurknjerk View Post
Hi, I wanted to create a QoS setting for mogulus through my router, but I need to know which ports or server I should be setting it at. Mainly, I just don't want your uploader to prevent me from doing other things while it is uploading. It hogs the upstream like crazy. I just want to give it a lower priority. Thanks in advance for any help.
Try uploading to a web server via ftp and then importing to the studio from there.
Any decent ftp client will have bandwidth throttle adjustments, you save yourself from having the studio open when uploading,running QoS through your router, and you can also upload multiple files at once. Then just use the import from web server function to import them over to the storyboard(s).

What would be even cooler would of course be direct ftp upload to the CDN's server, but for now this is a good work around.

-Dave