#1  
Old 27th February 2011, 20:14
LaHyenne LaHyenne is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1
Default Ideal Settings for a Game Stream?

I'm wondering what preferences work best for streaming with Procaster. Right now my frame-rate is good and the audio quality is fine but the resolution is pretty poor and it's impossible to read any text whatsoever. Having watched a few other streams, I've seen that it's definiltey possible to increase the fidelity.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28th February 2011, 18:03
mbaron's Avatar
mbaron mbaron is offline
Livestream Producer Support
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,726
Default

LaHyenne,

I would suggest streaming with Procaster. By utilizing Procaster you can stream at up to 1700kbps.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28th April 2011, 14:16
Dragonshadow Dragonshadow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaHyenne View Post
I'm wondering what preferences work best for streaming with Procaster. Right now my frame-rate is good and the audio quality is fine but the resolution is pretty poor and it's impossible to read any text whatsoever. Having watched a few other streams, I've seen that it's definiltey possible to increase the fidelity.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
A bitrate of atleast 1024kpbs, higher is better (note that most livestream viewers I've encountered complain that a stream stutters if you stream at 2048. I presume this is a problem with the backend server since they have to knock it down to 500kbps for redistribution on free channels), and a decent streaming resolution (1280x720 to 1600x900, because procaster doesn't support 1920x1080).

The higher the quality your input settings, the higher the quality the output stream will be. (To a point of course, free channels are still low quality)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28th April 2011, 17:43
mbaron's Avatar
mbaron mbaron is offline
Livestream Producer Support
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,726
Default

Live streams are not transcoded to lower bit rates to stream on free channels. They are broadcast at the bit rate set in Procaster. Content made available in the library is however transcoded to the channel quality setting.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30th April 2011, 18:37
Dragonshadow Dragonshadow is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Live streams are not transcoded to lower bit rates to stream on free channels. They are broadcast at the bit rate set in Procaster. Content made available in the library is however transcoded to the channel quality setting.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
So you're saying that even though procaster says I'm limited to 500kpbs, it's actually streaming at the 1536kpbs I have set and other people will be viewing it at that bitrate?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:59
jasonlive's Avatar
jasonlive jasonlive is offline
Livestream
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
...it's actually streaming at the 1536kpbs I have set and other people will be viewing it at that bitrate?
This is correct. We allow Procaster streams to surpass the 500Kbps limit when broadcasting live. If you're broadcasting live from Procaster at 1536Kbps, that is what your audience is getting.

However if you're broadcasting from Studio or Webcaster, or importing pre-recorded clips into your Studio, you will be limited to 500Kbps.

Best,
Jason
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump