Old 4th March 2011, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
Once you're disconnected the connection is already severed with our servers.
I don't know how to interpret that. When I first started using Procaster I didn't have to worry about losing everything if I got disconnected. I knew that what had been streamed up to that point would have been saved on your server. That no longer happens. I can be streaming for 2 hours but if I get disconnected the whole thing is lost, not just the last few minutes.

Quote:
Backing up your broadcasts by recording locally is a simple procedure and it's the best way to ensure backup.
I can stream live or I can record locally but I can't do both at the same time. Do I have that right? And if I only record locally and try to upload it to your server later nothing ever shows up
Old 4th March 2011, 12:58
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowgre View Post
I don't know how to interpret that...
What I meant was that when your internet connection drops, it severs the connection to our servers, so trying to save the file after the fact has no effect since communication has been cut.

Quote:
I can stream live or I can record locally but I can't do both at the same time. Do I have that right? And if I only record locally and try to upload it to your server later nothing ever shows up
This is incorrect. If you configure Procaster to save locally, you can stream live while simultaneously recording the file to your hard drive.

By the way, if you're having upload issues I recommend reviewing the following page:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...wn_Video_Clips

Best,
Jason
Old 4th March 2011, 13:12

Question

Quote:
Just to remind you, it does take some time for your videos to transcode. It might help to review our userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...Video_Settings
I still intend to open a ticket as you suggested but I've got a quick question for now. Hope you don't mind.

The userguide's "Manage Your Library" page has an "Add Your Own Video Clips" section that includes a YouTube video that clearly states that "Mogulus supports a wide range of formats including but not limited to Quicktime (.mov), Windows Media (.wmv), DiVX (.avi) and MPEG-4 (.mp4)." But in the "What If The Video Fails Encoding" section that follows it says "At this time, we accept the following file formats: .WMV, .FLV, .MOV ."

Why the discrepancy? Can I upload .mp4 files or not?
Old 4th March 2011, 13:17
Livestream

Quote:
I still intend to open a ticket as you suggested but I've got a quick question for now. Hope you don't mind.

The userguide's "Manage Your Library" page has an "Add Your Own Video Clips" section that includes a YouTube video that clearly states that "Mogulus supports a wide range of formats including but not limited to Quicktime (.mov), Windows Media (.wmv), DiVX (.avi) and MPEG-4 (.mp4)." But in the "What If The Video Fails Encoding" section that follows it says "At this time, we accept the following file formats: .WMV, .FLV, .MOV ."

Why the discrepancy? Can I upload .mp4 files or not?
You can definitely upload .mp4 files. Looks like we accidentally omitted this in that particular section. Thanks for pointing it out, fowgre. I've made the edit.

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 4th March 2011 at 13:26.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:21

Quote:
This is incorrect. If you configure Procaster to save locally, you can stream live while simultaneously recording the file to your hard drive.
Ok, thanks, I'll investigate that. Hopefully my laptop will have the resources to do both at the same time.

Quote:
By the way, if you're having upload issues I recommend reviewing the following page:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...wn_Video_Clips
I told you in the other thread (http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6328) that I'm smart enough to have read the User Guide before coming here to ask dumb questions. In fact, I've read it over and over and over again. Of course, that doesn't mean that I haven't overlooked something and that my questions still aren't dumb, but give me a bit of credit at least
Old 5th March 2011, 08:54

Default cant upload from library

HELP- can anyone help me with this problem, i go to livestream to upload my church anniversary - edited down to 2 hours and in the computer library hard drive- put all information in live stream to upload video ie: name, title, discription and click on new storybord go to brows click on my churches program from my computer libray when i click on the video everthing from the live stream uploader fades out and it wont upload the video. has anyone had this problem? studio21media@yahoo.com
Old 5th March 2011, 11:33
Livestream Producer Support

wainworshiptv,

I'd suggest opening a support ticket here:

https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

When you open a ticket if you could please go to screenjelly.com and do a capture so that we can see the behavior.

Thanks,
Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 12th March 2011, 02:35

Thumbs down Conversion takes way longer than advertised.

Why is it taking me two hours to upload a three-minute video? In the studio, a little note reads under the uploaded video file: "It usually takes 1.5 minutes for a 1 minute clip."

Going by this math, it should only take about five minutes for the video to fully convert. I'm nearing two hours since I uploaded the video, and it's stuck at 8%.

You should really remove that note; it's deceptive and inaccurate.

Last edited by Daikun; 12th March 2011 at 02:38.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:29
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
Why is it taking me two hours to upload a three-minute video? In the studio, a little note reads under the uploaded video file: "It usually takes 1.5 minutes for a 1 minute clip."

Going by this math, it should only take about five minutes for the video to fully convert. I'm nearing two hours since I uploaded the video, and it's stuck at 8%.

You should really remove that note; it's deceptive and inaccurate.
We're certainly not trying to be deceptive, Daikun =). I've tried reimporting the video in your Livestream Studio - if it doesn't work again I recommend re-uploading it. Try opening a support ticket if you're still having trouble so that we can troubleshoot more directly.

Best,
Jason
Old 4th April 2012, 20:55

I'm not sure if I have the exact problems as the others, but certainly similar. When recording a stream and signing off, every now and then the recently recorded stream does not upload to my channel's video archives. Sometimes it leaves an empty storyboard, sometimes nothing at all. All I can do to remedy this is by going to the recorded back ups in my hard drive and manually upload them again. It also seems to happen more often with recordings that are longer than 2 hours.

On another part that might be related: some recordings will be clipped or cut, with out any sign of disconnecting to the server. I could be recording for 2 hours, and when finished... there will be a recording for maybe 40 mins of what I just did.. or it would be split into 2 or 3 shorter recordings that were saved with the day's date as the file name. This has happened with the cpu and internet running at appropriate recording speeds. This problem along with the previous one has also happened with streaming on other computers as well.

Is this a known problem or will I have to turn in a ticket? This problem isn't that uncommon for me, but is difficult to replicate since it is very random when it does this.

Thanks

Tags
library, problem, storyboard, upload