Old 23rd February 2011, 15:22

Default Video Didn't Upload

Last night (about 18 hours ago) I did a live stream for about 4 hours, I saved the recording (i.e. named it and clicked save recording), and since then it still has not been uploaded to the channel it was recorded to. I have managed to stream random 30 minute videos since then and they uploaded almost instantly. I'm guessing the files aren't saved locally (when I did check the "save to 'my videos'" tickbox, I couldn't broadcast live at the same time for some reason), so does that mean the file is lost? I streamed for 3 and a half hours the other day and that turned up about an hour or 2 later on the channel. I've checked the studio and everything, and there is no video. Where is it?
Old 24th February 2011, 09:41
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenJackBauer View Post
Last night (about 18 hours ago) I did a live stream for about 4 hours, I saved the recording (i.e. named it and clicked save recording), and since then it still has not been uploaded to the channel it was recorded to. I have managed to stream random 30 minute videos since then and they uploaded almost instantly. I'm guessing the files aren't saved locally (when I did check the "save to 'my videos'" tickbox, I couldn't broadcast live at the same time for some reason), so does that mean the file is lost? I streamed for 3 and a half hours the other day and that turned up about an hour or 2 later on the channel. I've checked the studio and everything, and there is no video. Where is it?
TeenJackBauer,

I recommend opening a ticket in our support center:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

When you do, include time time of your recording, what you used to broadcast (it sounds like Procaster), your system specs, your connection details (wired, WiFi, 3g etc) and results of a test from www.speedtest.net. It would also help to include the version of Procaster you're using. FYI, I haven't heard of any issues with being unable to broadcast while recording locally. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot more directly.

Best,
Jason
Old 26th February 2011, 15:15

Unhappy Upload Conundrum

I've tried again and again to upload videos to a storyboard. Largest clip has been 84,028KB and the upload always seems to go pretty fast and without any apparent problem but nothing ever shows up in the storyboard. Using Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus I've rendered the videos in .mov and .mp4 formats, specifying 480x360, 25fps, 4:3 aspect and 16000Hz audio. When those failed to show up (after uploading them from studio/library/upload videos/ ) I used WinFF to convert them to .flv and tried again (using the 'uploaded file as master' option) but they're still MIA.
Old 27th February 2011, 09:34
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowgre View Post
I've tried again and again to upload videos to a storyboard. Largest clip has been 84,028KB and the upload always seems to go pretty fast and without any apparent problem but nothing ever shows up in the storyboard. Using Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus I've rendered the videos in .mov and .mp4 formats, specifying 480x360, 25fps, 4:3 aspect and 16000Hz audio. When those failed to show up (after uploading them from studio/library/upload videos/ ) I used WinFF to convert them to .flv and tried again (using the 'uploaded file as master' option) but they're still MIA.
Hey fowgre,

I recommend opening a ticket in our support center so that we can troubleshoot more directly. You can do that here:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

If you open a ticket, please provide the names of your videos/storyboards, and provide screenshots documenting the issue if possible.

Just to remind you, it does take some time for your videos to transcode. It might help to review our userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...Video_Settings

Best,
Jason
Old 27th February 2011, 22:52

Hi Jason,

I thought at first that it might be a transcoding delay but it shouldn't take +48 hrs should it? And as I pointed out, I did finally try encoding one of them to .flv myself and uploading it as master but that one didn't show up either

I'll take some screenshots and open a ticket as you suggest but it may be a couple days before I get time to do it.

Thanks,

Greg.
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:17

Hmm, are you sure you did everything right when you "saved the recording"? What exactly where the steps you used? I take it you ended up unchecking ""save to my videos'"? Im wondering if there was a storage or upload problem with 4 hours of space.
Old 4th March 2011, 02:49

Thumbs down Video Upload Error !!!

This is a big issue in Livestream that video are not uploaded properly, it get disconnected

plz try some other method to upload the video, its very much requirement and in demand too
Old 4th March 2011, 09:40
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagptv View Post
This is a big issue in Livestream that video are not uploaded properly, it get disconnected

plz try some other method to upload the video, its very much requirement and in demand too
The best way to avoid any type of issue is to record locally with Procaster. You can do this by navigating to the desktop tab of Procaster's preferences and checking "Save video to file (My videos folder)".

Best,
Jason
Old 4th March 2011, 10:10

Default Newer Procaster Isn't Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenJackBauer View Post
... so does that mean the file is lost?
I've had many bad experiences with the newer versions of Procaster. It used to be that, if you were disconnected, your livestream would be saved automatically for you in your LiveStream studio. Not any more. If you get disconnected, you don't get prompted by Procaster to name the file, and it doesn't get saved. I've lost many hours of livestreams that way.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:52
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowgre View Post
If you get disconnected, you don't get prompted by Procaster to name the file, and it doesn't get saved. I've lost many hours of livestreams that way.
Once you're disconnected the connection is already severed with our servers.

Backing up your broadcasts by recording locally is a simple procedure and it's the best way to ensure backup.

Best,
Jason

Tags
library, problem, storyboard, upload