Old 25th February 2011, 14:16

Default HTML5 Studio

I have a fitness studio that wants to broadcast their workouts using multiple cameras. Using a tablet to switch cameras within studio seems like the only elegant way for the class leader to control the livestream.

Is Livestream working on a iPad/Android app or HTML5 studio?

Anyone have experience with any Android tablets running Livestream Studio?
Old 27th February 2011, 10:00
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheanhoxie View Post
Is Livestream working on a iPad/Android app or HTML5 studio?
This is all on our future roadmap sheahoxie, although I don't currently have an ETA for when it will be available. In the meantime I'd be happy to help you figure out a good production workflow for the class if you'd like to provide the details of the class setup.

Best,
Jason
Old 9th May 2011, 18:01

Classes are 1 hour long and are from multiple cameras. I've managed to get two USB cameras to stream on the same pc using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, although the cameras will most likely move to analog -> capture card once we start setting up our test production. The instructor is on the move the whole time and they dont want to have someone sitting in front of a pc the entire time switching cameras. They mentioned it would be ok to auto switch the cameras on a schedule like every 2-3 minutes. They also want to schedule the classes to start automatically. I've read in other threads that this is also on the to do list.

What I've managed so far:
I've created a few AutoIt scripts that fire up two instances of FMLE (scheduled via Windows Scheduled Tasks), each with a profile to their own camera and both set to auto stream. Once this starts, AutoIt opens Firefox and logs into my Account, then goes to Studio. Once studio page is loaded, a timer starts and moves the mouse to cue and switch each camera every 2 minutes. At the end of the schedule AutoIt shuts everything down and waits for the next scheduled task.

This is kind of a rigged setup and hopefully there are things in the works that will solve a few of these issues.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:05

I've tested the studio with an Archos tablet and the flash seems to work well, so this might be an option. I know the instructors & studio are hardcore Apple users so they might prefer to use iPad, so App or HTML 5 would still be nice.

Tags
android, html5, ipad, studio