Old 19th February 2011, 16:27

Default ProCaster Stream Not Saved when "Auto go live" is off

Hi, I'm running ProCaster version 20.0.89 on a MacPowerBook and have been successfully live streaming and saving the streams to the library for a couple months. But just today, I tried a different approach and lost the recording, even though I had it set to record and saved my recording at the end of the session.

I've tested it a few times since and get the same thing: When (in ProCaster) "Automatically go live when broadcasting" is turned OFF (NOT checked), the recording is apparently NOT SAVED even when I have "Record my live streams" checked (ON) and then SAVE the recording at the end of the session. That doesn't seem right.

It's not in the Recordings folder in LS Studio Manage Library and I don't find it anywhere on my own computer. If instead I have the preference set to "Auto go live," the recording not only auto goes live, it also auto-saves to the library.

More detail: In ProCaster, I set the LS preferences to:

- Automatically go live when broadcasting: OFF (NOT checked)
- Automatically add recordings to on-demand library: ON (checked)
- Automatically add recordings to auto-pilot: OFF (NOT checked)
- Record my live streams: ON (checked)
- Show in mobile livestream.com: OFF (NOT checked)

For the live stream event, after starting ProCaster broadcast and adjusting overlays in LS Studio, I cued the ProCaster stream in the Broadcast Live panel, under Sources. It streamed just fine. At the end of the event, I hit "STOP" and then, in the pop-up window labeled, "SAVE YOUR RECORDING," typed in a file name and hit the green "Save Recording" button.

It's nowhere to be found. I've tested it a few times. It seems that it will save my recording ONLY if I have "Automatically go live when broadcasting" turned ON -- which doesn't make sense.

What's going on?

thanks.
Old 19th February 2011, 16:38
Livestream Producer Support

Thank you for this information. We have looked into this and future releases of Procaster should have this resolved.

Matt
Old 4th March 2011, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Thank you for this information. We have looked into this and future releases of Procaster should have this resolved.

Matt
OK, thanks, Matt. A related design request: In this latest version, whatever the 'Livestream' settings, as soon as you stop the ProCaster live stream, a pop-up appears asking you to type in a name for the recording in order to save it -- or else delete the recording. That's even though I've already set my preferences to record the stream.

At that precise moment, I need instead to switch into the LS Studio, take down an overlay and add a ticker, and then go to the chat window to thank the attendees and respond to comments. But I don't want to risk losing the recording!

It used to automatically save the recording using a default formula for the name, leaving me free to take care of these other tasks. I could rename it later when the event had actually ended. That was easier on my nerves and more in keeping with the rhythm of the way we're using ProCaster together LS Studio. Any chance you could restore that when you fix the save behavior?

Thanks!
Old 4th March 2011, 19:39
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrippi View Post
OK, thanks, Matt. A related design request: In this latest version, whatever the 'Livestream' settings, as soon as you stop the ProCaster live stream, a pop-up appears asking you to type in a name for the recording in order to save it -- or else delete the recording. That's even though I've already set my preferences to record the stream.

At that precise moment, I need instead to switch into the LS Studio, take down an overlay and add a ticker, and then go to the chat window to thank the attendees and respond to comments. But I don't want to risk losing the recording!

It used to automatically save the recording using a default formula for the name, leaving me free to take care of these other tasks. I could rename it later when the event had actually ended. That was easier on my nerves and more in keeping with the rhythm of the way we're using ProCaster together LS Studio. Any chance you could restore that when you fix the save behavior?

Thanks!
Hey Latrippi,

We'll definitely pass this request on to our Procaster development team. Thanks for your suggestion.

Best,
Jason
Old 4th March 2011, 20:14

Thanks, Jason!

Tags
bug, mac, procaster, record, save