Old 6th March 2011, 16:19

Default Procaster Mac audio sync issues

On the recommendation of others, I just did a three camera shoot using the latest ProCaster for Mac version in conjunction with a Panasonic video switcher, a 2007 Macbook Pro, a Matrox MXO2 LE, and an XLR audio feed from the mixing board. Everything looked great and sounded great, but the audio was about one second ahead of the image.

I've seen others report on this on this board- just curious if there's a fix or if I needed to do something differently...
Old 6th March 2011, 17:26
Livestream Producer Support

truelifemedia,

At this time we do not have full support for the Matrox MXO2 LE, this is likely why you are experiencing the audio sync issue.

Matt
Old 6th March 2011, 17:32

That's strange because it syncs fine in the online streaming software you have, just not in ProCaster. If I were using a Mac laptop, what would be a supported device that you would suggest that would allow for me to input SDI video?
Old 6th March 2011, 17:58

We currently do not have a recommended work flow for SDI into a Mac laptop.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:00

Default audio echo

I am using Procaster (latest version) to broadcast via a Canon XHA1 video camera, using a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8. All is fine, except there seems to be an 'echo' in the audio, that I can't seem to get rid of. The audio is coming through an external mic hooked up to the camera. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Barry
Old 8th March 2011, 17:21

Barry,

How are you bringing your audio into your MacBook, also are you using Procaster to encode?

Matt
Old 19th September 2011, 05:01

Default ****ty programming breeds ****ty content

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyp View Post
its not an individual program its individual channels on my sounblaster external soundcard
basically 2 outputs are Speakers, and two outputs are my monitors
wen i mix its fine on traktor, the headfones dont come out loud over the msuic, but as soon as i broadast, procaster is picking up the monitors/headfones channel
it's not an individual program he's trying to mute...it's a channel in his audio interface. In mixers and high end computer audio interface (think for recording) there are multiple channels, multiple inputs and multiple outputs...mine has 8 in and 8 out at a time i think...meaning i can have 8 individual channels coming in and 8 out, and process (add fx, mix, and otherwise edit) them seperately. This guy spent the money that it's obviously the damn program that's ****ed, I have an maudio myself and I'm having issues. Mine was like 400 bucks for a sound interface. on sale. The program probably simply cant understand the multiple interfaces. It would be nice if it would at least take the entire stereo mix though...it will take my mic input and most of the mix but not the output from my synth...it's a poor audio program at best. They will never get very much quality content if they don't fix that. It's a requirement. ****ty soundblaster cards introduce lots of noise, no matter how you input the sound. Even if someone mixes it all down to one channel and routes it into another pc with a supported sound card, it will sound like **** again...

Tags
ableton, audio, audio problem recording, charity, i/o, mac, mac audio, mxo2, problem, procaster, sound, soundflower, speakers, video switcher