Old 6th January 2011, 20:35

Default Mac "Speaker's audio" problem

I looked for the answer but I wasn't able to find it so here it goes:

Running an iMac OSX: 10.6.5
Using the latest version of procaster. (auto updated to: 20.0.89)
and have 4 GB Ram 1333 MHz DDR3

I was able, before some update (either mac or procaster) to record speaker audio, as heard in a couple of my earlier livestreams. But then for one video, I didn't realized it had stopped working and now the "speaker's audio" levels MUTE my computer AND don't actually show that they are picking up any audio (and just aren't picking up audio), when enabled and when I change the system sound preferences BACK to the normal (input) one so I can hear sound, It still does not show up on Procaster. SO what I'm led to believe is that something either with a Mac update, or a procaster update, disabled the functionality of this. I can say this because it did work, so my computer can do it, it just doesn't work anymore.

I've downloaded a couple older versions of procaster, emptied the library of procaster files, and have still had no luck with getting speaker audio to work.

Any help is appreciated, I want the speaker audio back so that I can record games and not have to pick up the audio from the input microphone..ie: having crappy quality.
Old 7th January 2011, 19:00
Livestream

Hey Slimster,

Try this: Go into Procaster's preferences. In the audio tab, make sure Auto Mix is enabled.

If this doesn't work, I encourage you to open a support ticket here:
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

Best,
Jason
Old 7th January 2011, 21:58

I'm going to try the quicktime broadcaster thing.

I've opened up a support ticket.

It's a little frustrating as to why it just doesn't work though.

EDIT: I guess they phased out the QT broadcaster for Quicktime X, for I am not finding it. (will google)

EDIT EDIT: Oop, the link in the post way up there is out of date for I downloaded QT Broadcaster from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL764

EDIT 3x: So that didn't work because broadcaster doesn't use speaker audio. AND, to jasonlive: someone above said disable auto mix, I've done both, neither work. Thanks for the help though.

Last edited by Slimster; 7th January 2011 at 22:48. Reason: more information gathered.
Old 8th January 2011, 12:50
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Try installing "Soundflower" from Apple, and set the input to line out in your system pref pane in OSX and choose soundflower as the output. I use this all the time for broadcasting speakers audio via Flash Media Encoder or Broadcaster on my MacBook Pro. Should work in Procaster, too.

Works like a charm.
Old 9th January 2011, 01:48

@davidaron I will try this. Thanks.
Old 16th January 2011, 09:32

i've the same audio problem.
did anyone found a solution???
Old 17th January 2011, 00:26

soundflower works, but now I can't hear sound out of speakers or headphones, so i want to remedy the situation by having the output go through both, but how would I do that?
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:32
Livestream Community Help

You need to install SoundFlower Bed which comes with SoundFlower. SoundFlower Bed allows you to send the audio to speakers, headphones, etc.
Old 24th January 2011, 00:18

YES. dude, I went to the website http://cycling74.com/products/soundflower/ and then figured I had to change my system prefs. So I did, and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much.
Old 7th February 2011, 18:17

Default My headfones are broadcasting over my mix?

I am using Traktor and broadcasting using procaster with my SOUNDBLASTER 24 ext souncars, however, procaster is picking up the headphones outputs so u can hear when im cueing up!
Please Im desperate to get my station going again!
ANy ideas, ive spent hrs and hrs looking!
Kind regards!

Tags
ableton, audio, audio problem recording, charity, i/o, mac, mac audio, mxo2, problem, procaster, sound, soundflower, speakers, video switcher