Old 28th July 2010, 19:50

Default monitor sound in procaster

in stead of getting sound from my camera mic i have sound coming from a mobilepre preamp device that connects via usb to my mac. however i am not able to monitor the live sound. i have to open my studio and listen there which is always in a delay from my live sound is there a way to monitor your sound feed in procaster live.
Old 19th September 2010, 21:41
Livestream Community Help

It sounds like something about your Mac isn't set up right.
Go into System Preferences Sound and Output tab and make sure you have Internal Speaker or Line Out selected depending on how you are monitoring. Make sure you don't have Output volume on Mute or turned all the way down.

Last edited by cseeman; 19th September 2010 at 21:44.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:45

Exclamation No Speaker source sound

I have tried braodcasting using ableton master out to procaster and procaster set to speakers audio. It does not find that. It will record from the microphone, but not from speakers audio. I have the headphone jack being used by ableton to go to my mixer. I dont know if that matters. It just will not get sound from speaker audio. I have also tried soundflower but it gives such heavy latency that Djing cannot be done effectively.
I am so frustrated and am going to burn my computer up if htis isn't resolved. aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 9th November 2010, 22:29
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

You're on a Mac, right? Try installing Quicktime Broadcaster to broadcast with and then choose the audio source from there instead.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ith_Livestream
Old 10th November 2010, 12:36
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi

first, open the audio mixer and you should disable auto mix, maybe that's the problem

second does the speaker audio gets broadcasted at all? what do you see in the audio mixer - does the speaker's VU Meter moves?

thanks
Lior
Old 17th November 2010, 15:23

Default Issues with audio

I've been using procaster for some time and I like it alot, but I'm unable to use it for my newest application: streaming a dvd off of my mac.

For some reason, when broadcasting my desktop, procaster will only recognize audio from my built-in microphone, not from my Speaker's audio through Quicktime. Once I mute my microphone, procaster will not recognize or stream any audio at all.

Before you tell me I have something muted, try it on your mac - it should only take 30 seconds.

This process works flawlessly on my pc any number of ways, and I can obtain audio from keynote, but not from any digital video source on my desktop; whether quicktime, vlc, etc.

It's almost as though something is wrong audio redirector, or else I'm grossly ignorant of some feature.

I'd be happy to guinea pig possible solutions, but I've spent several days on this issue and I've narrowed it to a procraster mac issue. As I said, don't take my word for it, try it yourself. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration, and I look forward to some help!

-CMUEC
Old 30th December 2010, 12:42

Exclamation Procaster Mac Audio...

I am using Procaster 2.0.89 on a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.5. I am unable to record any audio. The builtin mixer for Procaster shows audio coming in. But, no audio is recording.

I am able to record both video and audio with other applications (ie. Quicktime, Photobooth, etc).
Old 30th December 2010, 12:46
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchurch View Post
I am using Procaster 2.0.89 on a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.5. I am unable to record any audio. The builtin mixer for Procaster shows audio coming in. But, no audio is recording.

I am able to record both video and audio with other applications (ie. Quicktime, Photobooth, etc).
Is the audio showing in your live broadcast? Also, what are you using as your audio device?
Old 30th December 2010, 13:59

Just checked using a live broadcast. The audio does come across on the live broadcast and is present in the resulting storyboard file. However, it is not recording the audio for the file that is saved to My Videos folder on the computer. This happens whether I use the internal mic or an xlr mic through a Blue Icicle xlr-usb converter.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:18
Livestream Procaster Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchurch View Post
Just checked using a live broadcast. The audio does come across on the live broadcast and is present in the resulting storyboard file. However, it is not recording the audio for the file that is saved to My Videos folder on the computer. This happens whether I use the internal mic or an xlr mic through a Blue Icicle xlr-usb converter.
If you can, please do a 10-20 recording with audio like you normally do, and please send that file to procaster@livestream.com

I will have the dev team look at the file. I have tested on my end and I was able to record a file with playback.

Tags
ableton, audio, audio problem recording, charity, i/o, mac, mac audio, mxo2, problem, procaster, sound, soundflower, speakers, video switcher