Old 2nd June 2011, 17:00
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesteelmedia View Post
I'm also very intrested in streaming to android, preferably through an embedded player / streaming URL rather than visiting the channel...any word on how this can be done? does the module setting produce an rstp stream?
firesteelmedia,

Android users should be able to view your embedded streams in the browser due to recent changes we've made to our iFrame embed code. Our iFrame detects the browser you're on and will then deliver an RTSP stream for Android devices (played in the native media player).

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 2nd June 2011 at 18:00.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:14
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Thanks. What version(s) of Android OS does this work on, and does the stream need to be live to view it?
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:48
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaron View Post
Thanks. What version(s) of Android OS does this work on, and does the stream need to be live to view it?
Users should be able to view on-demand / embedded video clips on Android - the stream doesn't need to be live. This should theoretically work for most Android devices with the necessary bandwidth and computing power.

Best,
Jason
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:18
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Thank you, Jason.
Old 19th June 2011, 01:21

Default I gess

Hi, im glad to have a channel on livestream, but why in Android 2.1 it doesn't see live transmisions? there is another page streaming online that its an app on the store that let me see online transmisions. I like more Livestream by the way and i like to have some app developed for livestream too
Old 19th June 2011, 12:39
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by templobethel View Post
Hi, im glad to have a channel on livestream, but why in Android 2.1 it doesn't see live transmisions? there is another page streaming online that its an app on the store that let me see online transmisions. I like more Livestream by the way and i like to have some app developed for livestream too
templobethel,

It could be that the content you're trying to view isn't mobile compatible. To view content on mobile devices, it must be encoded in H264 format with AAC audio.

Best,
Jason
Old 5th August 2011, 05:18

I have a similar problem. My channels content is mobile compatible! I stream from the procaster and i can see my live stream from a 2.3 android with the iframe and with the rtsp link. But when i try from a 2.2 android device i can't see it... What can i do? I want to me live from any android version if it is possible!

Tasos
Old 8th August 2011, 16:11
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasos13 View Post
I have a similar problem. My channels content is mobile compatible! I stream from the procaster and i can see my live stream from a 2.3 android with the iframe and with the rtsp link. But when i try from a 2.2 android device i can't see it... What can i do? I want to me live from any android version if it is possible!
tasos13,

You should be able to view mobile compatible streams from Android 2.2 or 2.3. If you were unable to, its possible that your device may have had inadequate bandwidth at the time. Try testing from a WiFi connection, if possible. Please note that while you'll be able to watch live and embedded video from your device, auto-pilot content is not mobile compatible.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th August 2011, 23:53

Angry Android-Samsung

It's not working on my Samsung Galaxy tab. I can't view my channel (says not mobile compatible) nor can I livestream FROM the tablet because I can't log in to the webcaster. The keyboard on the tablet does not pop up for entry of username and password whe I click on the Username box to enter it. I get the blinking cursor,but the keyboard never pops up to enter text! I only wanted this to broadcast mobile-ly from my tablet.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:55

Angry nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
tasos13,

You should be able to view mobile compatible streams from Android 2.2 or 2.3. If you were unable to, its possible that your device may have had inadequate bandwidth at the time. Try testing from a WiFi connection, if possible. Please note that while you'll be able to watch live and embedded video from your device, auto-pilot content is not mobile compatible.

Best,
Jason
Using android 2.2 and wifi. Says not mobile compatible (my OWN channel!)