Old 15th October 2010, 14:58

Default XSplit...

I recently made a sc2 channel and I am able to broadcast the game without an issue. However, sometimes this overlay will come over my stream that says to enable virtual cam mode with Xsplit (or something like that). I have xsplit, but I'm not using it to stream, I'm using Procaster.

Can someone tell me why this pesky overlay keeps showing up on my stream? I thought it had something to do with my 2nd monitor, but I disabled it and it's still showing up.

Thanks.
Old 17th October 2010, 20:45
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
says to enable virtual cam mode with Xsplit (or something like that).
Make ABSOLUTELY certain what you're seeing.

Although you might have a reason to keep XSplit on your system, try deleting it and rebooting and see if the problem goes away.
Old 17th October 2010, 21:26

Also, Ending the process using these steps may assist you: Ctrl+Alt+Delete > Processes > Xsplit.exe(?) > End Process. If the problem still exist after this is done you need other means such as Removing it completely or using a program to block it.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:06

Default Help with 16:9 aspect ratio using XSplit Broadcaster

Hi, I use XSplit Broadcaster to stream StarCraft 2 on livestream.com, and I like to stream the game on windowed (fullscreen) mode to check my channel's chat. But when I go back to my livestream channel to see what's going on, it doesn't show 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen; it looks like 4:3 aspect ratio screen with both sides cropped. I tried to select XSplit Broadcaster as a camera source in my studio and change the aspect ratio to 16:9, but it didn't work. Please help!

EDIT: Never mind! I figured it out from other threads on this forum! Thanks!

Last edited by adrenalzg44; 10th December 2010 at 22:45.
Old 10th December 2010, 22:23

Default Help with 16:9 aspect ratio using XSplit Broadcaster

Hi, I use XSplit Broadcaster to stream StarCraft 2 on livestream.com, and I like to stream the game on windowed (fullscreen) mode to check my channel's chat. But when I go back to my livestream channel to see what's going on, it doesn't show 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen; it looks like 4:3 aspect ratio screen with both sides cropped. I tried to select XSplit Broadcaster as a camera source in my studio and change the aspect ratio to 16:9, but it didn't work. Please help!

EDIT: Never mind! I figured it out from other threads on this forum! Thank you!

Last edited by adrenalzg44; 10th December 2010 at 22:44.
Old 1st January 2011, 10:39

Default Unable to stream games with Xsplit

Hey, I've been trying out XSplit Broadcaster and it works great to stream my desktop, or applications not running in fullscreen, like photoshop.

But I would like to stream games, and I have no idea how I should make this work.
With procaster I would ofcourse just use the directx hook thingy, but that doesnt exist on Xsplit.

If I set-up xsplit to stream my fullscreen, then tab into a game, the stream goes completely white.

If i start the game first, then tab out (BC2 is unable to be fully tabbed out, it remains as a partly visible window on desktop) then select xsplit to stream that partial window that remained on desktop, upon tabbing it screen still turns white.

How am I supposed to stream a full-screen application using Xsplit?
Old 5th January 2011, 07:40

I think as of the moment its not possible with XSplit. That's why most gamers from own3d do record their games in a full screen WINDOWED mode because XSplit can only perfectly work with this.

They said they are currently implementing a feature that will allow gamers to stream games in full screen.
Old 30th January 2011, 11:28

Default Error Opening Camera (it can be busy)

I have just getting Procaster and i am using Xsplit and i keep getting this error "Error opening camera (it can be busy). Am using Windows 7 64-bit, with UAC turned off. Any ideas if you want any other information let me know.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:56
Livestream Producer Support

grahamn95,

At this time Xsplit is not supported by Livestream.

Matt Baron
Livestream Producer Support
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:51

Smile link needed

Would be nice to post link to that other thread for someone who has same problems, like me.

Tags
aspect ratio, broadcaster, livestream, mode, starcraft 2, windowed, xsplit