Old 3rd February 2011, 14:23

Lightbulb Graphic Option for Embed

Is there anyway to make a simple URL .JPG or .PNG address to display the current Live (or offline) thumbnail for a channel?

I would like to display this on my site instead of embedding the flash players so that my visitors can be directed to my channel on Livestream.com without impeding on their download time when they are visiting my web site for other things.

Let me know if this is possible--I don't understand scripts myself and I don't have any coding background beyond basic HTML and some CSS, so the extreme flash/script coding API does not make sense to me. Thank you!
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:59
Livestream Producer Support

Heathery,

Any sort of graphic would need to be inserted in a video file and uploaded to your channel then placed on auto-pilot. I should however point out that users are able to turn off auto play when grabbing the embed code and this might help in what you're looking to do.

Matt
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:43

Default Well, actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Heathery,

Any sort of graphic would need to be inserted in a video file and uploaded to your channel then placed on auto-pilot. I should however point out that users are able to turn off auto play when grabbing the embed code and this might help in what you're looking to do.

Matt
No, that's not what I was asking about at all.

To be really specific: I have an art gallery at http://heatherkat.deviantart.com. My host does not support embedded flash web objects. I want to make a hyper-linked graphic on my gallery (at deviantART) that displays the preview of my stream (like when you embed the flash player, it shows a thumbnail behind the play-button).

So my suggestion or question is: Is there an image (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.) of this preview (as it also appears on flash streams that are live riiiiight before it plays them) that I can link to? Could this be a feature that's added for Livestream users that want to tell others about their stream and its activity in real-time without using flash objects?

Thanks for your fast answer, even though it sounds like you didn't understand my Feature suggestion. Hope you can help!

Last edited by Heathery; 3rd February 2011 at 17:45. Reason: Clarity.

Tags
embed, image, live, preview, thumbnail