Old 8th February 2011, 12:56
Livestream

Magnumlol,

I've merged your post into the League of Legends & Procaster thread. Our team is aware of the issue, and working on a way to make LoL compatible with Procaster in game mode. We will let you know if and when we have an ETA on this fix.

Last edited by jasonlive; 8th February 2011 at 13:34.
Old 19th February 2011, 00:08

Easy fix for all these problems, run in windowed mode. Also I heard if you run as admin it helps, but I don't see how that's possible.

For the random bugsplats, and the IngameGUI flickering, the solution is simple. Run in windowed mode.

Additionally, for those that have slower computers and are still looking to livestream, rather than doing it while the games are playing I have an easier solution for the slower internet connection/ computer problems.

If you use LOLReplay 0.5.0 (just google it), it records your games to disk virtually using NO system resources (about 15% of that of livestream or FRAPS etc). Then replay those games afterwards and use livestream to record at the same time, this way all your bandwidth is dedicated to livestream, and system resources are at a low.

Last edited by gcampton; 19th February 2011 at 00:15.
Old 12th March 2011, 00:51

Red face Attempting to stream League of Legends - Game crashes

Hey guys. This is my first post, and my first attempt to stream anything. I just made my channel and I wanted to stream some League of Legends gameplay for a few friends of mine looking to learn the game.

Anyway, I downloaded the Procaster and after a little bit of confusion, I found out how to switch it to game mode. Yeah, I'm slow. For those familiar with League of Legends, you'll know that the game doesn't actually "load up" until a match starts. So I got a match started and then my Procaster told me I could go live by pressing Ctrl+F1.

So I tried it. My game immediately crashed. I thought, hey, maybe it's just because I was in the loading screen. I should get back in and try now that the game is loaded completely.

Crashed again.

When it crashes, I'm unable to connect back to the server. I have to fully exit my LoL client and re-start it to connect. In short, Procaster crashes my League of Legends in a catastrophic way.

Is there anyone familiar with League streaming who could help me out? I'm a noob at this. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:00

This forum seems pretty dead as far as support goes. I can't get help with running FoNv. Waiting for them to release a new version I guess.
Anyway..
I remember reading somewhere that LoL has a conflicting issue with procaster ATM, and they were working on fixing it. I also read that running the game in windowed mode may help. Otherwise I donno.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:06

D'oh. Thanks for the help. There must be a third-party program that streamers use, then. I suppose I'll ask around the LoL forums instead and see what's up. Thanks.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:06
Livestream

Hey halster, I've merged this with another LoL post. I can confirm that there's an issue with LoL & Procaster - our Procaster dev team is still working on a fix.

Best,
Jason
Old 15th March 2011, 03:34

Same here but I am able to stream in desktop mode with no problems, hoping for a fix soon .
Old 15th March 2011, 03:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcampton View Post
Easy fix for all these problems, run in windowed mode. Also I heard if you run as admin it helps, but I don't see how that's possible.

For the random bugsplats, and the IngameGUI flickering, the solution is simple. Run in windowed mode.

Additionally, for those that have slower computers and are still looking to livestream, rather than doing it while the games are playing I have an easier solution for the slower internet connection/ computer problems.

If you use LOLReplay 0.5.0 (just google it), it records your games to disk virtually using NO system resources (about 15% of that of livestream or FRAPS etc). Then replay those games afterwards and use livestream to record at the same time, this way all your bandwidth is dedicated to livestream, and system resources are at a low.
Sweet THx .
Old 24th March 2011, 19:02

I've been having the "bugsplat" error as well when trying to run LoL and Podcaster at the same time. For me, a temporary resolution was to relaunch LoL but run it in a lower resolution.

Just a random question here for everyone. I have a 3GHZ Core 2 Duo with 4gigs of DDR2 and a X260 and while running Podcaster and LoL in 1920x1080 I don't get more than 30fps. What are the system specs required to run both these programs and how do most LoL streamers get it to work without FPS drops?
Old 4th April 2011, 19:03
Livestream Procaster Support

Hello,

We have a new beta version of procaster that has new gaming features. For more information please visit http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6626

Tags
crash, crashes, freeze, league, league of legends, legends, lol, procaster, vista, windows 7, x64