Old 31st October 2010, 08:59

Default Does videos uploaded from Youtube infringes copyrights?

Can I upload videos from Youtube and have a verify the account?
Old 31st October 2010, 18:33
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

If they contain content you created yourself, is in the public domain, or uploaded under "fair use terms", you should be okay.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
Old 22nd December 2010, 07:01

Default Rebroadcast permission and Livestream Search

Hi
While I start to populate my new channel with live content of our own, I'm looking to augment or own material with relevant public domain content as long as the copyright holder is content (naturally).
In a section of your User Guide page "Manage Your Library", entitled "Make Sure You Have Permission First!" you outline that as long as there is licence to rebroadcast one can rebroadcast from YouTube content.
You then go on to say "The video clips available from the Livestream search are safe to use". Can you confirm whether this means
1. The search YouTube function in Livestream Studio automatically only returns rebroadcastable video, and so is "safe" to use without further enquiry*, or
2. There is a search function available somewhere in Livestream (which I've not found yet) for finding relevant content from across channels on Livestream, and that this material is safe to rebroadcast.

I THINK that #1 is what you mean, but it would be helpful to understand.
(*When I say "without further enquiry" of course if I was in doubt, I'd still make other efforts to ensure the copyright holder was OK).

Thanks
John - new user, trying to do the right thing
Old 9th January 2011, 18:16
Livestream Community Help

I think you should contact Livestream support and give very specific examples. Legal dept. may not want to respond to questions that can result in misunderstandings.
https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket
Old 10th January 2011, 03:50

Thanks. It can be a bit difficult to know where to take questions when getting to know a new system - I appreciate the pointer.
Old 10th January 2011, 15:45
Livestream

Hello ESKTN, it is the responsibility of the producer to find out whether material is copyrighted. This applies to all content, including content from YouTube.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:18

Unhappy how do i know about copyright of a particular video on youtube ?

hey i been searching and watching videos on youtube so if i want to include some video from youtube how do i know is it copyright or not ?
and 2nd when i record from procaster like i am recording a game but everytime it records without no sound in the video whynt that pick sound from my speakers ?
did i need to use microphone ?
Old 31st January 2011, 16:41
Livestream Producer Support

waqas6789,

It is the users responsibility to find out if content is copyrighted. If you are unable to tell if something is copyrighted it is probably best not to post it to your channel as you could have your channel taken down for violating Livestream's terms of service. In regards to your second question please make sure you have speaker's audio selected as one of your audio sources and enable audio mix if need be.

Matt Baron
Livestream Producer Support
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:42

Default Background Musik

Hi, there are some streams like tutorials with background-musik, i watched. Am I allowed to listen to Musik during broadcast? I'm not sure if there are some conflicts with gema or stuff like that.
Old 3rd February 2011, 14:46
Livestream

Procaster has the functionality to bring your speaker's audio into your broadcast, pixilab. However you're responsible for any copyright issues that might arise, if that's what you mean. Check out our terms of use:
http://www.livestream.com/terms/generalterms

JasonLive

Tags
big, copyright, copyright infringement, livestream, olympics, porttownsendpeeps.com, promote, rebroadcast, receptions. music, search, sound problem, verification, wedding ceremonies, youtube