Old 15th February 2010, 23:01

Unhappy Copyright Questions

1 I want to promote LIVESTREAM BIG shows on my site. Purpose: a) To promote my site, b) to promote LIVESTREAM's shows, C) to create a private (or public) membership on my site based on my own broadcasts of local (Port Townsend) events.

2 How can I rebroadcast the Olympics live, through my channel for special events in www.PortTownsendPeeps.com?

Much looking forward to your kind, knowledgeable, input...

Always love, light and laughter;
Leticia : )
www.StayInHubersINN.com
www.PortTownsendPeeps.com
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:43

Post Copyright

Hi , i'm a livestream user. I have a request. Can you please tell me , if i capture a video or a movie playing on my screen. and make it into some file with the movie name. will that be taken as copyrighted movie or will it be copyright free..
Wil doing this make you guys to lock my account ???
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:08
Livestream Project Manager

If the video or movie is protected under copyright laws, it is a violation of both our Terms of Use and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Your channel and account will be locked due to this infringement.

Please review our Terms of Service should you have additional questions: http://www.livestream.com/terms/generalterms

-
Rick Stern
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:35

Default I don't think you own the copyright on Olympics

I would think it would be an infringement on copyright to rebroadcast the Olympics. Networks pay millions for the rights to broadcast such events and hold the rights for future broadcasts. You might want to find another method to promote your site aside from this method that could end up costing you a lawsuit. I believe Livestream makes it very clear that we are not to broadcast material that we do NOT hold the copyright on. If we abuse this simple request they will end up removing the free accounts to make sure they are not placed in a position of liability themselves.
Old 26th June 2010, 14:29
Livestream Community Help

See terms of service for details
http://www.livestream.com/terms/generalterms
Note Prohibited use and Copyright infringement.
Old 30th June 2010, 02:16

Unhappy Questions about Copyrighted Content

Short and simple. Are openings to games legal content for a stream?
Old 30th June 2010, 09:28
Livestream Producer Support

Yes, you are open to broadcast games.However,It is your responsibility to make sure the content you broadcast contains no copyright infringements. Livestream will shut down any account that is breaching content copyrights.Please refer the following URL for additional information:http://www.livestream.com/zero_tolerance_on_piracy

Regards
AP
Old 30th June 2010, 10:56

I meant the opening videos shown in games, to be played while someone is not broadcasting. If that was legal or not. not games in general. The openng videos in games ripped and played while someone is not broadcasting...

Sorry I dont know how to say that correctly. but is it legal?
Old 6th July 2010, 22:35

Unhappy How do I know about copyright?

A few months back, I had my channel set up to stream my gaming commentaries, with lots of public domain content running when I'm offline. However, I was denied verification for this because of copyright issues. I was told that it's perfectly fine to stream games, but public domain video is not allowed because I don't specifically own the copyright on the content.

Has this policy been updated to something that makes more sense? I searched the forums and see users advocating content from Archive.org, which is what I was denied verification for.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:55
Livestream Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
A few months back, I had my channel set up to stream my gaming commentaries, with lots of public domain content running when I'm offline. However, I was denied verification for this because of copyright issues. I was told that it's perfectly fine to stream games, but public domain video is not allowed because I don't specifically own the copyright on the content.

Has this policy been updated to something that makes more sense? I searched the forums and see users advocating content from Archive.org, which is what I was denied verification for.
Hi NayusDante,

Content in the Public Domain is perfectly acceptable. Sometimes, however, it is difficult to determine which content is part of the Public Domain and which is not. As a precaution, our Verification Team may decline a channel application because of this.

Currently, I see that your channel currently contains zero content. I'd recommend adding some original content / recordings and re-applying.

-
Rick Stern

Tags
big, copyright, copyright infringement, livestream, olympics, porttownsendpeeps.com, promote, rebroadcast, receptions. music, search, sound problem, verification, wedding ceremonies, youtube