Old 8th May 2011, 12:21
Livestream Community Help

Hi Ross,
These days there a many good inexpensive HD cameras. I like the Canon Vixia/Legria series. The best output is HDMI. That would mean you'd want either a Matrox MXO2Mini which works with desktop PCIe or laptop with Express port or, soon, all Thunderbolt MacBookPros, or you could use Blackmagic Intensity Pro for desktop PCIe.

As to "just plug in" unfortunately firewire DV cameras, while still available, are on the decline so I would not recommend them. USB is pretty much limited to webcams. There are very very very few video cameras with live USB out and most of them are poor quality compared to HDMI out cameras.
Old 21st May 2011, 07:41

Default cameras

hello. does anyone know what cameras i can use with live stream, the certified ones are out dated. Is the new logitech hd pro cam the best choice for inexpensive cameras. i live in the uk and i need to stream 10 cameras one channel
Old 21st May 2011, 15:23
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by street4lk5 View Post
hello. does anyone know what cameras i can use with live stream, the certified ones are out dated. Is the new logitech hd pro cam the best choice for inexpensive cameras. i live in the uk and i need to stream 10 cameras one channel
Are you on a PC or a mac? Merging this with the "Camera Suggestions" thread which should help you.

Best,
Jason
Old 23rd May 2011, 02:56
Livestream Community Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by street4lk5 View Post
Are all 10 cameras going to be on the same computer? Generally you may get only 2 HD webcams working on one USB bus. It can vary depending on the computer and the camera. There is a limit to the USB bus bandwidth though. You'd need to add PCIe USB cards to add more cameras. You'd probably need a computer that can handle as much as 4 USB PCIe cards. 4 cards for 8 cameras, ! internal bus for 2 more camera. I'm still not sure if that would work but that would be more or less what you'd need if you want 10 USB Webcams on one computer.

Of course if you're looking to bring in 10 USB Webcams from different locations you could try a webcam in each location with Procaster on a local computer. If there's a problem with Procaster you could try the Webcam in Adobe FMLE at each location.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:28

Question recommended camera for an athletic event

I am attempting to stream live athletic events and am hoping for some input as to what camera i should purchase. I have $500-$700 set aside yet have no idea what is or where to find a good camera for this.

any help would be great.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:34
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiesvolley View Post
I am attempting to stream live athletic events and am hoping for some input as to what camera i should purchase. I have $500-$700 set aside yet have no idea what is or where to find a good camera for this.

any help would be great.
*Merged with the Camera Suggestions thread*

Jason
Old 19th October 2011, 16:08

Cool Hi

I bought a SONY HXR-MC2000E and i would like to use TERRATEC G3 for to acquire images from my new cam.

The problem is that before the Sony MC2000E i used an Handycam SONY HDC-SD60 (full HD) Small cam) and the streaming was always ok

Now with the new cam a live stream is impossible.

Can you help me ?
Old 20th October 2011, 10:59
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinfotv View Post
I bought a SONY HXR-MC2000E and i would like to use TERRATEC G3 for to acquire images from my new cam.

The problem is that before the Sony MC2000E i used an Handycam SONY HDC-SD60 (full HD) Small cam) and the streaming was always ok

Now with the new cam a live stream is impossible.

Can you help me ?
I have responded to your support ticket.

Best,
Jason
Old 7th November 2011, 12:19

Default Pro cameras

I'm new to this. Has livestream not done tests with prosumer and professional cameras? It would be handy to know what works with the system, without the research heavy process. The rcommended cameras are all low end consumer cameras.
Am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I be looking elsewhere for pro streaming?
As I say, I've never done live streaming before.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:22

Question webcam?

I purchased a Astak Mole only to find out it cant broadcast to Livestream. I am searching for a camera that can work easily on Livestream without breaking the bank.

All I want to broadcast is a puppy cam - needs day/night vision plus audio would be a plus. I like to be able to tilt/pan but more important is quality and broadcast ability.

The Mole camera has very jerky motion which makes me nauseous and it cuts out. Looking for less delay as well.

All suggestions appreciated!

Thank you,

Lynn

Tags
camera