Old 3rd February 2011, 10:22
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalgcm View Post
I have the same camera you use for your school but I don't know how to connect it to livestream. Can you help me with connecting it
Thanks.
You should read our userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Main_Page

And also visit this thread, Beginner's Guide To Broadcasting An Event:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5929
Old 5th February 2011, 16:39
Livestream Community Help

Sony HDR-FX7, I believe has Firewire and HDMI out.

For Firewire you can use it in DV or HDV mode but unless you're streaming HD, DV is easier for CPUs the handle.

To use HDMI out you'd probably want to use Blackmagic Intensity Pro card.
Old 5th February 2011, 16:45
Livestream Community Help

How's this for Canon 7D streaming awesome?

http://vimeo.com/18978385
RC Copter, Canon 7D mounted, Teradek Cube sends wirelessly and apparently to Livestream direct or through Telestream Wirecast for multiple camera switching.

Either way it looks like Canon 7D to Livestream is viable. I still wonder about the camera overheating though.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:26

Thank you so much for that link cseeman!
Old 27th February 2011, 17:34

Default What camera?

Hi

Im new to streaming live, and i need some help finding the right equipment.

I would like to stream soccer matches from my local soccer team, and therefor need a camera that can deliver good enough pictures. I have possibility to get Canon products to a reduced price from a friend. Is there any Canon camera that can fix the job? if not, what camera can you recomend?
Old 27th February 2011, 17:38
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakke7 View Post
I would like to stream soccer matches from my local soccer team, and therefor need a camera that can deliver good enough pictures. I have possibility to get Canon products to a reduced price from a friend. Is there any Canon camera that can fix the job? if not, what camera can you recomend?
Have a look at our list of Procaster's certified devices, which includes a few Canon cameras:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...tified_Devices

Best,
Jason
Old 9th March 2011, 06:53

Smile Connections

Hi Guys,

For connecting your cameras, use either the Canopus 110 firewire to composite box or a HDMI card in your computer.(I use a desktop, so it installs in a PCe slot)

Either of these will work with the majority of AVCHD cameras on the market.
Even my little Microsoft Cinecam works great for a webcam and produces great shots.

For sound, I suggest that you have a look at a small mixer (Behringer USB Podcast kit is great) and make sure your camera can take an external mic out. It sounds better and stops annoying feedback through the system.

I was reading today about the new wireless link systems that are available for streaming though Livestream. That sounds impressive!
Old 9th March 2011, 14:08
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbusi View Post
For sound, I suggest that you have a look at a small mixer (Behringer USB Podcast kit is great) and make sure your camera can take an external mic out. It sounds better and stops annoying feedback through the system.
Just a heads up that USB sound/mixing devices aren't supported by Procaster. It doesn't necessarily mean they won't work - but rather that we haven't done much testing with them and may not be able to provide support based on this setup.

Best,
Jason
Old 24th March 2011, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by magillicuddy View Post
hello:
would someone be kind enough to give me a: a list of current camcorders that work with livestream,b:is firewire the only way to stream from a camcorder to livestream,c: does firewire continue to be a current technology, d: is it possible to go from firewire port on camera to usb on laptop.e: is it possible to stream a hi-def camcorder and finally f:
is there a way to password protect a channel using the free version. thank-you in advance. i have been pulling my hair out trying to find compatible cameras. surely there are enough kind souls out there streaming camcorders that can help me find my way!
frustrated in canada

tim
I know this might be a long shot, but have you looked into the Canon 5D Mark II? Probably your best "camcorder" made. I guess more a camera than video, but it is a great video camera as well
Old 22nd April 2011, 07:07

Smile what camera

Hi
I would like to buy a camcorder that is cheap and not to professional. I have looked at a lot of the Panasonic camcorders but not sure if they will work and how to connect them to my mac for live stream, what out puts does the camera need and what cables do i need?
I would like it to be able to just plug in and live stream.

Can any body recommend a camcorder
between 50-600
Comes with a remote
Long battery life
able to record to SD card
Able to plug a extra MIC in

Thanks
Ross

Tags
camera