Old 25th January 2010, 03:04

Default DVC100 - Streaming Issues

Hello Livestreamers!

I've googled/searched a good amount, and apologize if I managed to miss a solution or similar problem at some point.

Here's the story: I'm an administrator on a fairly large (at the moment, about 40,000 members) Halo fansite called Forge Hub. I used to use a 32" Sharp RCA TV. I bought a Dazzle DVC100 and cables to split the signal, and used to broadcast a good amount on ustream. Needless to say, things have changed since then. I bought a 22" ViewSonic VGA monitor and the cable for the Xbox to VGA. I also bought a Mac. So, over the last few days I've managed to put a good number of pieces together to make my live broadcast work again. First, I bought a powered VGA splitter and a VGA F/F converter to plug in the Xbox's VGA signal and output it to two VGA ports. One goes to my monitor, the other goes to a "Sabrent PC to TV Converter Box". It's a fairly sketchy part, but I suppose it works well enough. Anyway, that box outputs to RCA, which plugs into my Dazzle. The Dazzle is plugged into RCA audio. I also got a program called "VideoGlide" which makes the DVC100 work on the mac.

And now for the issue: it works great in the normal broadcaster. However, when I try to use the Procaster Beta (which has a good number of features that would be great to have), I get a kind of...line screen, I guess one could say. In addition, the audio is like a loud white noise in the Procaster, but fairly high quality in the webcaster.

Here's what it looks like in the normal webcaster:
You can see the quality isn't too bad, no distortion...pretty much all I need. There's a slightly puzzling "bottom screen", but I think that's due to the converter box.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5at25728AM.png

Buuuuut, here's what it looks like in the Procaster. Very...distorted, for lack of a better word:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5at25944AM.png
(Please don't mind the fact that it's dimmed. Xbox 360s go into "Screensaver mode" like that after the controller hasn't been touched for a bit, which explains why it's like that only in this picture. However, the lines have nothing to do with that.)

Even more confusing, here's what it looks like in the setup screen...totally normal!:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5at30039AM.png

Of course, I understand this is a beta. I figure I'll throw it out there and see if anyone has any answers to it. I also had some trouble with the Studio, but I figure that's for a different time If anyone would like to see it first-hand or something like that, just feel free to send me an email (insane54 at forgehub.com) and I'll be glad to.

Thanks!
-Aaron, Insane54

Last edited by Insane54; 25th January 2010 at 03:07.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:40

This might be unrelated, but I'll post it in this thread anyway because I have a DVC100 and am experiencing an issue using Procaster with it.

I'm using it to stream live NES/SNES/N64/whatever games.

The NES/SNES output RF and composite signals, so I hook the RF to the TV and the composite to the DVC100.

My problem is I'm unable to hear sound. The video quality is excellent, but no sound will be heard when using Procaster.

I can get sound from the device using "Open Capture Card..." in VLC player, so it's not my device.

I've tried this in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows XP Professional x86 on the same PC, same problem in both operating systems.

Last edited by acfrazier; 25th January 2010 at 15:41. Reason: Forgot to add a bit of info.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:48
Livestream Procaster

Hi Insane:

the message is really well explained. i wondered about several things
a. Procaster talks to QuickTime layer to get the input. Could you try to get Quicktime Broadcaster and see what picture you can get there?
b. it seems like a format issue. can you send a screenshot of the video glide tab? is there a way to change the color space or other formats that this device outputs?
c. last, can you Save Logs and send/upload them?

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 25th January 2010, 16:50
Livestream Procaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acfrazier View Post
This might be unrelated, but I'll post it in this thread anyway because I have a DVC100 and am experiencing an issue using Procaster with it.

I'm using it to stream live NES/SNES/N64/whatever games.

The NES/SNES output RF and composite signals, so I hook the RF to the TV and the composite to the DVC100.

My problem is I'm unable to hear sound. The video quality is excellent, but no sound will be heard when using Procaster.

I can get sound from the device using "Open Capture Card..." in VLC player, so it's not my device.

I've tried this in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows XP Professional x86 on the same PC, same problem in both operating systems.
Hi acfrazier

a. what audio source have you selected?
b. you can try to use soundflower, capture there the audio from the dvc100, and select it in procaster.

let us know...
thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 25th January 2010, 17:21

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5at51120PM.png
Quicktime looks good.

Now, the VideoGlide thing is interesting. It seems to be the issue...however, it still broadcasts fine. Weird.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...5at51545PM.png

How would I send you the logs? I can't upload the .zip because it's over the maximum.
Old 26th January 2010, 16:15

Default DVC100 No Sound

I'm using the DVC100 to stream live NES/SNES/N64/whatever games.

Old 26th January 2010, 16:29
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi acfrazier

b. you can try to use soundflower, capture there the audio from the dvc100, and select it in procaster.

thanks
Lior, Livestream
Old 26th January 2010, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by liorm View Post
Hi acfrazier

thanks
Lior, Livestream
a. I have the "Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device" as my audio source.

b. Soundflower is a Mac only application, do you know of a Windows alternative?
Old 29th January 2010, 03:50

Default procaster "serious hardware/network problem"

i keep getting that message and a disconection from the procaster every 2 or 3 minutes, what is that i am doing wrong? all my hardware is fine and my internet is also working fine (i have a 5mb bandwidth) also i try to close all other aplications when streaming (eccept firefox)

im using a Pinacle dazzle DVC100, my USB ports are at perfect condition (no dust or anything)

also somehow, i cant choose the dazzle as main video source in WEBcaster, i never get disconected from webcaster but it just doesnt lets me pick the dazzle as source, it is on the list, when i choose it, it stays there for a while and then automatically goes back to the previous video source i was using

requesting help please
Old 29th January 2010, 07:31

I had the same problem. I solved it by installing version 93 of procaster and all is fine.

Tags
100, audio dazzle, dazzle, dazzle dvc 100, dazzle sound fix, dvc, dvc100, error, games, lag, procaster, sound issue, stream, win 7, win xp