Old 8th February 2011, 10:44

Thanks for your help!
Old 8th February 2011, 11:42
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanalois View Post
Is it possible too use more then 1 web cam. I am looking to use 4 usb web cam is that possible
and what do i need to make it work.....(sorry Iam a nubee at this an would greatly appreciate
any assistance anyone could provide me with so I can get it up and running)

Thank You For Your Time & Help With This
Dean Alois
Hey Dean, this is possible (however using multiple machines is recommended). You can cue multiple sources by broadcasting through your channel's Livestream Studio. Please take a look at the following link in our user guide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...estream_Studio

I've also merged this with the thread "Beginner's Guide To Broacasting an Event." It would be helpful to read through.

Best,
Jason
Old 8th February 2011, 14:24

Exclamation iPod 4th Gen/ iPhone 4 & Questions

I am trying to use and iPod Touch/ iPhone 4 to be able to live broadcast a Pep Rally. Now the only thing is we want to be able to see the "Camera" in the Studio for Livestream so I can switch between the a normal camera and an iPod/ iPhone.

We are a high school journalism department trying to get a premium account for our classes or at least a educational account the only problem is budget. We want to have some features that are only on Premium.

We also would like to become a verified member our only problem is that we are new to Livestream. We have 4,000 students in our high school and 200+ faculty who we would like to live stream content. How do we become verified to be able to have as many students & faculty that we have?
Old 8th February 2011, 15:45
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatsToday View Post
I am trying to use and iPod Touch/ iPhone 4 to be able to live broadcast...
WildcatsToday,

Right now the only way to broadcast live with a mobile device is via the Qik app. You can learn about this at the following link:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...a_Mobile_Phone

However please be aware there is currently a service interruption with Qik integration.

Our user guide should be able to answer any other questions you might have. I've moved this to the thread "Beginners Guide To Broadcasting An Event", which should be helpful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatsToday View Post
How do we become verified to be able to have as many students & faculty that we have?
Free channels are verified on a case by case basis. You can find out more at the following link:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...l_Verification

Best,
Jason
Old 9th February 2011, 21:21

Question Which should I do desktop or game broadcasting?

Hi there,

Brand new user here. I need to broadcast free learning sessions for my peeps. I tried freebinar, but their product's intermittent issues were too distracting, and the quality of the recordings were really bad.

An attendee suggested I try livestream (he's really into starcraft).

My flatscreen monitor, although nice, only has two resolutions; way too small (800x600) and way too big. I need to really only show a VM window at about 1024x768, and would prefer not to have to show my whole desktop.

So my question is: Should I broadcast (and record) the desktop or select the VM application as my "game" and broadcast that? Has anyone done that? Any suggestions? I wish I could choose windows or, even better, a certain area of the screen (and just put the windows I want in there.
Old 9th February 2011, 21:32
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacallahan View Post
I need to really only show a VM window at about 1024x768, and would prefer not to have to show my whole desktop.

So my question is: Should I broadcast (and record) the desktop or select the VM application as my "game" and broadcast that? Has anyone done that? Any suggestions? I wish I could choose windows or, even better, a certain area of the screen (and just put the windows I want in there.
I'm not sure what you mean by "VM window", but you can in fact zoom in on a particular area of your desktop using the zoom function in Procaster. I've attached a screenshot.

I recommend looking at our userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

And also reading through this thread, "Beginner's Guide To Broadcasting An Event".

Best,
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-02-09 at 8.27.47 PM.png (516.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 14th February 2011, 22:29

Default Stream Video + Screen Shot

Hey all --
Can anybody shed any light on if it is possible to stream video that has a PIP of a computer screen shot with it? I need to be able to stream a medium shot camera + insight into a computer screen that I am working on while working in the long shot. Can this be done?

Last edited by robertscovill; 14th February 2011 at 22:30. Reason: clarification --
Old 15th February 2011, 01:50

hi i'm new to livestream lately i have been trying to use virtual dj to broadcast some music but it seems as if my processor was running really slow, music keeps braking up is there a special setting that needs to be adjusted? help please!
Old 15th February 2011, 12:14
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertscovill View Post
Hey all --
Can anybody shed any light on if it is possible to stream video that has a PIP of a computer screen shot with it? I need to be able to stream a medium shot camera + insight into a computer screen that I am working on while working in the long shot. Can this be done?
Hey robertscovill,

Right now it's not exactly possible to stream picture-in-picture video, however it is possible to stream from a camera and your desktop at the same time using Procaster in 2D or 3D Mix Mode. I recommend reviewing our quickstart guide to Procaster for screenshots and further information:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

Best,
JasonLive
Old 15th February 2011, 12:16
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurorojas View Post
hi i'm new to livestream lately i have been trying to use virtual dj to broadcast some music but it seems as if my processor was running really slow, music keeps braking up is there a special setting that needs to be adjusted? help please!
What are your CPU specs? What kind of connection are you using? Procaster is very CPU intensive so if you're using an older machine, this could be the source of the problem.

Best,
Jason

Tags
amateur radio, auto pilot, broadcasting, camcorder, camera, cant view livestream, delete video, desktop, empty, ham radio, help?, interesting, internet connection, library, live, live event, mac, multi, multiple cameras, new user, newbie, picture in picture, procaster offline help, recording., screen, screen capture, screen share, setting, skype procaster, streaming, technical support, troubleshooting, video, what you hear, window