Old 30th January 2012, 14:57

Hi,
I have a free channel, using the auto-pilot to broadcast videos, however i would like them to be played out at random rather than in the same order, is there no way to randomise play out?

Also i have a few indents (small segments/clips with channel name on) is there a way to set them to play out every 3 videos played or something?

Also any way to get the corner "bug" to show on "on demand" videos??
Old 30th January 2012, 16:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
drtrann,

I looked at your channel and saw the issues you were referring to. The problem you are having is due to the current H.264 codec being used in this version of Procaster. It does not handle motion very well and we are working on improving it. I recommend using the VP6 format to stream in Procaster.

Also, I recommend using the High 700kbps quality setting, instead of H.264 Beta, which will help improve playback on your channel.
I've read through the posts and i can't find a tutorial on how to switch procaster to vp6 instead of H.264. I'm completely new to streaming and I can't figure out how to switch to VP6, because my cpu jumps to about 98% when i try streaming now.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:48
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdanceuk View Post
Hi,
I have a free channel, using the auto-pilot to broadcast videos, however i would like them to be played out at random rather than in the same order, is there no way to randomise play out?

Also i have a few indents (small segments/clips with channel name on) is there a way to set them to play out every 3 videos played or something?

Also any way to get the corner "bug" to show on "on demand" videos??
Currently there is no way to randomize auto-pilot playlists. You can insert the indents in different storyboards, and insert the storyboards where ever you would like them to play in your auto-pilot playlist.
Old 10th March 2012, 23:49

Hi, I'm a newbie and tried livestream once for a digital painting, I have a free acount and I'm pretty lost!
What I want to ask is about multiple videos that were created with my recording. I pressed go live once, I believe, and it went fine but I just don't get how the recording works. It says there are 8 live recordings on my channel, each with a different time duration that looks to be random, why did that happen? Is it that recording for a long period splits the video in smaller ones? Is it a connection issue?
When I was asked to name my recording I named it "first recording", this one doesn't show any time info or date on my channel, I thought maybe it was my whole recording in one video but it only has 20 minutes. So when I look at my channel there are all these videos for the same recording with different durations and one starts at 1:01 AM (duration 33 minutes), the next 1:35 AM (27 min), the next 2:03 (about 1 minute), the next 2:05 (about 1 min), the next 2:07 (you get the gist of it), the next 2:10, and then the video with no time info I named "first recording" (20 minutes).
Why does that happen? How can I record everything in one single video?
Old 11th March 2012, 09:33

Spielodia,

This behavior is most likely attributed to an unstable network connection. When broadcasting, please make sure you do not have any other programs open which may be siphoning upload bandwidth. For broadcasting, we recommend at least 1.5mbps of upload bandwidth, which you can check at speedtest.net by setting your destination server to New York, NY.

For more insight, please have a look at our minimum and recommended system requirements in our User Guide at the following URL: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/..._on_Livestream
Old 18th March 2012, 00:58

Exclamation Output resolution...?

Hi,

I went into preferences for the livestream procaster but when I get to the video tab, the "Output Resolution" is greyed out and I can't enter any information. I'd like to make it 1600 x 900 since this is my screen resolution but it won't let me...

any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 19th March 2012, 11:18

stormowl,

You'll need to use the custom preset to change the output resolution size. Choose custom from the Procaster home screen, then navigate back to the preferences menu and the ability should now be there.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 21st March 2012, 16:16

But Custom quality forces bit rate to 696kbps, that does mean that we can only broadcast at 696 kbps if we want 1600 x 900?
Old 24th March 2012, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
stormowl,

You'll need to use the custom preset to change the output resolution size. Choose custom from the Procaster home screen, then navigate back to the preferences menu and the ability should now be there.

Matt
Livestream Support

where are the custom presets changes?
Old 24th March 2012, 20:22

Simply select custom from the quality dropdown menu on the Procaster home screen. Then navigate to the video and audio tabs within preferences and you can choose your own encoding specifications.

Matt
Livestream Support

Tags
amateur radio, auto pilot, broadcasting, camcorder, camera, cant view livestream, delete video, desktop, empty, ham radio, help?, interesting, internet connection, library, live, live event, mac, multi, multiple cameras, new user, newbie, picture in picture, procaster offline help, recording., screen, screen capture, screen share, setting, skype procaster, streaming, technical support, troubleshooting, video, what you hear, window