Old 25th February 2011, 16:10
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboemack View Post
Hello, I have launched a new channel called Perth Live for livestreaming local spoken word events. How can i edit (delete the first 10 minutes) of a saved video? My first broadcast was a bit of a failure because the camera I had could not be set up on my computer and I had to borrow a mac and shoot from the laptop webcam from a really bad location with fairly slow wifi. Also, which might be the best laptop and camera to use? Can I feed the audio seperately from the camera? What is a suitable mobile internet access? As you can see, I am a newbie... but enthusiastic about building a great channel. I have a steep learning curve! : )
jimboemack,

I have moved your post to the beginner's guide thread. You should be able to find some of the answers you're looking for in this thread. In regards to trimming the beginning of a video, you would need to download the video and edit it. We recommend computers with i7 processor for optimal broadcast quality. Hardwired broadband connections are recommended over mobile or wifi.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 26th February 2011, 22:28

Default Questions about Sound and Streaming

I want to stream something on my Channel but I don't want to use the Microphone to record the sound. I want the person who is watching to be able to listen to what I am listening to. My computer doesn't have Stereo Mix or Wave Out or What U Hear or anything like that. What can I do?
Old 27th February 2011, 08:26

Default Is there a basic overview of the service?

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if anyone does usability testing anymore?

Is there a page on the Livestream site that tells a new user:

1) This is what Livestream does
2) Here is the basic theory of how one uses Livestream
3) Here are some best practices to make your experience successful

So many sites just dump you in, say "here's our great thing we mad, now YOU figure out how to use it"..... and this site is a classic example.

One simple video that gives you an overview of the system and the basic concepts involved in using would be so very helpful.

Thanks.

Visian
Old 27th February 2011, 12:09
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesden View Post
I want to stream something on my Channel but I don't want to use the Microphone to record the sound. I want the person who is watching to be able to listen to what I am listening to. My computer doesn't have Stereo Mix or Wave Out or What U Hear or anything like that. What can I do?
You can enable/disable multiple audio sources (including the speaker's audio) in Procaster's audio mixer. Here's a link to our userguide:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster
Old 27th February 2011, 12:22
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visian View Post
1) This is what Livestream does
2) Here is the basic theory of how one uses Livestream
3) Here are some best practices to make your experience successful
Visian, all of this information is clearly outlined in our userguide, complete with screenshots and video tutorials. Here is the link:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Main_Page
Old 27th February 2011, 17:57

Default Skype call heard over ProCaster

Can I get it so; my skype conversation isn't being streamed over pro caster?

I'm trying to stream, while at the same time have a call on skype. People can hear me talking on skype. I've been messing around with the audio inputs on pro caster and my computer's realtek. But i don't really know what I'm doing.

I have three options in procaster for audio;
Speakers' Audio
Default input device
line in/mic in
All which pick up my mic. Unless I turn off my mic, via unplug or turning it off through the realtek. So that's doesn't help.

Last edited by MechaNovaKing; 27th February 2011 at 18:06. Reason: skype conversation
Old 27th February 2011, 18:04
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaNovaKing View Post
I'm trying to stream, while at the same time have a call on skype. People can hear me talking on skype. I've been messing around with the audio inputs on pro caster and my computer's realtek. But i don't really know what I'm doing.
You'll have to open the audio mixer in Procaster and remove the microphone source to accomplish this. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Best,
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-02-27 at 6.02.02 PM.png (79.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 27th February 2011, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlive View Post
You'll have to open the audio mixer in Procaster and remove the microphone source to accomplish this. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Best,
Jason
Yes but in your picture Speakers' Audio is still on and that still picks up my mic.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:03
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaNovaKing View Post
Yes but in your picture Speakers' Audio is still on and that still picks up my mic.
Speaker's audio picks up what's coming out of the speakers.

To disable a source, click the X to the left of it (that my green arrow is pointing at).

Best,
Jason
Old 27th February 2011, 20:33

Hmmm still not working.
I've tried a bunch of different combiantion:
I've 'X'ed all but one, so there's only one audio input in the audio mixer.
Have only: Speakers' Audio or Default input or device orline in/mic in

I've tired add three audio inputs and setting them each to: Speakers' Audio or Default input or device orline in/mic in or set all three to one type of audio input

I've tired setting the audio input to choice 0 - no input. But that just kills the sounds.

Tags
amateur radio, auto pilot, broadcasting, camcorder, camera, cant view livestream, delete video, desktop, empty, ham radio, help?, interesting, internet connection, library, live, live event, mac, multi, multiple cameras, new user, newbie, picture in picture, procaster offline help, recording., screen, screen capture, screen share, setting, skype procaster, streaming, technical support, troubleshooting, video, what you hear, window