Old 7th March 2011, 16:21

Ben, thanks for the quick reply. Let me know if you need beta testers for this functionality, we're aching for it and are starting to look at other providers.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:25
Administrator

You're not the only ones aching for it - it's one of our top priorities so I hope to have more news soon.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:52
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjmc621 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings to use when streaming to a mobile device using Wirecast?
The way to stream to mobile by using Wirecast is to add the /iphone=true parameter to your RTMP url.

You'd select "RTMP Flash Server" in the "Destinations" drop-down and enter your RTMP url as the address. Your RTMP url looks something like this:

rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/[your_channel]/username=[your_username]/password=[your_password]/isAutoLive=true/iphone=true/aspectWidth=16/aspectHeight=9

Obviously, you'd replace the information in brackets with your own credentials (and remove the brackets) and also customize the aspect ratio.

Mobile users have trouble with high bandwidth, so the lower the better.

If you use Procaster instead you can send out a high quality stream and a mobile stream (198kbps) at the same time.

Best,
Jason
Old 10th March 2011, 08:12

Default Qik integration

Hi, hope someione can help as I have seached here and google and can't find an answer.

I wish to broadcast into my channel using a HTC Desire with Qik installed as well as my fixed cameras. I have set the network settings in my Qik account, with the correct channel name (i've tried the long and the short). When I record from the desite the video is being recorded on the qik site but the camera does not appear in the livestream studio.

I have deleted and re-added the settings in Qik multiple times to no avail. Has anybody else encountered this and found a solution?

Also when using multiple cameras within the studio, is it possible to set a "master" audio source? I am recording live gigs and I want to use the mobile devices for on-stage filming while taking the audio from the main desk.

All this is over a cable/wi-fi network so no mobile data involved.

Cheers in advance for any help

Lee
Old 10th March 2011, 15:30
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsun View Post
I wish to broadcast into my channel using a HTC Desire with Qik installed as well as my fixed cameras. I have set the network settings in my Qik account, with the correct channel name (i've tried the long and the short). When I record from the desite the video is being recorded on the qik site but the camera does not appear in the livestream studio.

Also when using multiple cameras within the studio, is it possible to set a "master" audio source? I am recording live gigs and I want to use the mobile devices for on-stage filming while taking the audio from the main desk.
Make sure you're streaming in public mode as opposed to private mode with Qik, nightsun. The padlock icon within the Qik mobile app should be open as opposed to closed. Please see the attached screenshot for reference. If everything is set up properly, uninstalling and reinstalling Qik may be helpful. Beyond that you'd have to contact Qik. I can tell you that the support team has been testing recently, and we've all been able to integrate Qik with Livestream successfully.

To answer your second question, it is not possible to set a "master" audio source. Audio will be pulled form whichever device is cued.

Best,
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_qikpublic.jpg (39.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 11th March 2011, 09:24

Thanks for the reply.

Well thats a deal breaker for me, no point setting up qik integration if there is no way to have a master audio channel. Do you have any plans to introduce this in the future?

Cheers
Lee
Old 11th March 2011, 17:00
Livestream Producer Support

We do not have an ETA on when/if a master audio channel will be available in Studio. Please follow our blog for future updates though.

Matt
Old 13th August 2011, 00:14

Default 5 months later, any progress.

Ok so is it still impossible to view on demand content from the iPhone browser? Is this feature still in development?
Old 13th August 2011, 10:53

goose2460,

VOD content is available for viewing on mobile, however it needs to be encoded to mobile specs; H.264 video and AAC audio a bit rate of approx. 200kbps.

Matt

Tags
error message, feature, ipad, iphone, ondemand, tv italia web, tvitaliaweb, video, web tv