Old 15th November 2009, 02:06

Default Streaming to Mobile Devices

Using Procaster and trying to stream to iPhone.livestream.com -. My question is, will the channel ONLY be visible on iphone.liestream.com, when it is actually Broadcasting (Live stream)?? I have noticed that it is not available on iphone.livestream.com, when not LIVE/Broadcsting. I was hoping that recorded video/broadcasts could be viewed on demand just as is now possible on Livestream.com view. Will that be a possible feature for future iphone.livestream.com?
Old 16th November 2009, 09:59
Livestream Project Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. At this time, streaming to the iPhone is only restricted to LIVE content only. Additional functionality should follow in the future.

Best Regards,

Rick Stern
Producer Support
Old 8th December 2010, 18:04

Hi Rick, it sounds like you are saying that archived video's cannot be viewed on a non-flash device, which is my experience. Are there plans to enable this in the future?
Old 11th January 2011, 12:33

Default ProCaster vs Studio

I have never downloaded or tried ProCaster. I still use the regular "Livestream Studio' to broadcast, because it works, and I am used to it. Ialso like putting up song titles, and different messages across the screen while live. However, I get tons of requests for our show to be on Iphone, so I am thinking about using "ProCaster".
Do I broadacast from both at once ... or do I strictly use Procaster?? Is this as easy to use as Studio, and have the same capabilities?? I'm scared to switch. lol
Old 11th January 2011, 12:55
Livestream

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54side View Post
I have never downloaded or tried ProCaster. I still use the regular "Livestream Studio' to broadcast, because it works, and I am used to it. Ialso like putting up song titles, and different messages across the screen while live. However, I get tons of requests for our show to be on Iphone, so I am thinking about using "ProCaster".
Do I broadacast from both at once ... or do I strictly use Procaster?? Is this as easy to use as Studio, and have the same capabilities?? I'm scared to switch. lol
We recommend using Procaster whenever possible. Procaster is generally easier and better than studio. In addition, you have the ability to save a copy of the broadcast to your hard drive to ensure backup. And to answer your question, you would only broadcast from Procaster (not Procaster AND Studio at the same time).

Check out our quickstart guide here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

Last edited by jasonlive; 8th March 2011 at 10:31.
Old 4th March 2011, 21:03

Cool Streaming to Mobile with Wirecast

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best settings to use when streaming to a mobile device using Wirecast?
Old 5th March 2011, 17:28

Default Streaming WoW

I finally was able to get the ingame hud to work to turn broadcasting on and off by changing the hotkeys...and was able to see my game in my channel for all of about 10 seconds before it now just continues to say I'm offline even though it's broadcasting. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, a brand new gaming laptop and the framerate has no issues.

What am I seemingly overlooking?

NVM I got it! DOes it have to be set on Mobile in order to play on my iPhone? Makes the online quality pretty low.

Last edited by kimdelee; 5th March 2011 at 17:56.
Old 6th March 2011, 13:28
Livestream Producer Support

kimdelee,

In order to stream on your iPhone you would indeed need to have mobile selected in Procaster. You could either have just mobile selected or if you have the processing power/bandwidth you could do high and mobile.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 7th March 2011, 15:11

Sorry to bump this topic back up, but I think the answer is still unclear here. If we broadcast via Procaster in High+Mobile Quality and then play back the recording through Studio, it will broadcast both streams, including an iOS-compatible stream? (Obviously we can test this ourselves, just seems like Livestream should know the answer.)

Last edited by microstrategy; 7th March 2011 at 15:16.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:20
Administrator

Apologies for the confusion here. You can broadcast a mobile compatible stream when broadcasting live with Procaster but on-demand content encoded for mobile is currently only available to mobile devices if viewed through the Livestream iPhone / iPad app.

If cueing an on-demand clip through the studio the high-quality (non-mobile-compatible) clip is what would be played.

We do plan to make all channels mobile compatible for live and on-demand playback in the browser in the near future.

-Ben
Livestream Support

Tags
error message, feature, ipad, iphone, ondemand, tv italia web, tvitaliaweb, video, web tv