Old 10th January 2011, 21:04

Default Streaming 24/7 Video - Equipment Needed??

I am planning on starting a 24/7 live online tv station through ustream or livestream. I will be using my apple Macbook Pro to do this. However, I would like to be able to play DVD's, and other recordings from a DVD player through a video switch board/video mixer into my computer and into ustream. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what equipment I am going to need to do this. I already have everything to produce my shows. I just need to know what kind of video switch board/video mixer I will need and what connection cables I will need to run the video mixer to my Macbook Pro. If there is a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions. I am on a tight budget, but am willing to spend some money. Please keep in mind that I would like this station to be a 24/7 programming station on ustream or livestream and that I need to be able to set video up to run on an automated schedule. Thank You very much for any and all suggestions.
Old 11th January 2011, 16:37
Livestream Producer Support

My advice would be to use a program such as Telestream's Wirecast to do the switching and then you'll need a capture device, such as the Canopus ADVC-110 to get the video into your encoder.

I hope this helps.

Matt Baron
Livestream Producer Support
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:08
Livestream Community Help

Yes to what Matt says.
http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm

Built in switcher and encoder. Works great with Livestream and will show up as a camera in Livestream Studio as needed.

It also has free Desktop Presenter utility for live screen capturing and can even capture screens from other computers on a local network.

Of course you can use Firewire in for camera and USB for webcam. If your MacBookPro has Express port you can add another firewire bus or use a Matrox MXO2 for HDMI or SDI (higher end MXO2 needed) cameras.

Tags
dvd, mixer, multiple, streaming