Old 6th March 2011, 13:48
Livestream Producer Support

spearcarrier,

Audio mixing does not work in Windows XP, thus why you aren't hearing your other source.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 6th March 2011, 16:19

Well, I put it down to only one source in all areas in my computer. So I got sound *sometimes*. The looping comes and goes. The looping gets rather painful. Hoping when I try to livestream later I will have solved the problem.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:51

Exclamation Yet another audio issue

From what I've been reading, XP doesn't seem to have proper support. Would like another opinion on what I have done so far though. When I use my speakers, the audio is fine. I can adjust the master volume from my keyboard or I can adjust speaker volume from the speakers. Same goes with my headset which I usually use. If I keep headset volume high in games though the sound gets crackly (imagine a piece of paper in a fan sort of sound) but if I keep the sound of the headset low and the master volume high there will be no problems.

In livestream, my test run of my live casting had the issue of the crackling sound consistently and the audio for the viewers was low unless I turned my personal volume up beyond a comfortable level. When using the sound mixer, I could turn up the master volume of the mixer and the sound would be loud enough on both ends, BUT the crackling sound would be even worse for the listeners. Unbearably worse really.

I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall my sound driver, update it, troubleshoot it, and still the same issue remains. As expressed many times in this thread, XP is being blamed for not being fully supported but could somebody explain what is meant by that? So far I can come to three conclusions:

1)Have to upgrade to windows 7
2)The sound card is the issue meaning it must be replaced
3)The software for the sound card is to blame

Can somebody offer an opinion into this matter? I'm trying to figure it out but a couple hours later isn't fixing anything. It's an issue I want to fix not only for being able to livestream, but also to fix my audio issue in general.
Old 9th March 2011, 14:37
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbololo View Post
As expressed many times in this thread, XP is being blamed for not being fully supported but could somebody explain what is meant by that? So far I can come to three conclusions:

1)Have to upgrade to windows 7
2)The sound card is the issue meaning it must be replaced
3)The software for the sound card is to blame
Here's a response from our Procaster development team below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Due to the nature of the way Windows XP works with audio device drivers and naming them, Full audio mixing is not fully available in Windows XP. It is fully supported in Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
Upgrading to Windows 7 should resolve based on what we've seen & tested.

Best,
Jason
Old 10th March 2011, 02:34

well I need to make the switch anyway so at worst, i'll catch back up with technology. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:09

Default Audio Problems Windows XP

Ok i have searched and found some posts on audio problems but i figured id ask cause may be something has changed. Ok so here is my set up. Windows Xp Home. Realtech audio drivers. Ok so more or less i do a radio show and am trying to get the music from the website to come through on my livestream. I have a usb logitec c910 webcam as well. What i do is open up Procaster and so live, then i open up my music that is streaming. for some reason the mic on the webcam is picking up the sound and sending it that way. The sound is all distorted and echos after a few min. When i open up the audio mixer the speaker output is what the cam is picking up not what is coming out of the speakers. I was getting ready to just loop the audio output from the mother board to the input on the mother board and enable that input on the mixer. So if you have any suggestions please let me know..
Old 10th March 2011, 15:46
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreloaded View Post
Ok i have searched and found some posts on audio problems but i figured id ask cause may be something has changed. Ok so here is my set up. Windows Xp Home. Realtech audio drivers. Ok so more or less i do a radio show and am trying to get the music from the website to come through on my livestream. I have a usb logitec c910 webcam as well. What i do is open up Procaster and so live, then i open up my music that is streaming. for some reason the mic on the webcam is picking up the sound and sending it that way. The sound is all distorted and echos after a few min. When i open up the audio mixer the speaker output is what the cam is picking up not what is coming out of the speakers. I was getting ready to just loop the audio output from the mother board to the input on the mother board and enable that input on the mixer. So if you have any suggestions please let me know..
I've merged this with a similar thread, thyreloaded. As you can see, audio mixing is not supported with Windows XP.

Best,
Jason
Old 12th March 2011, 11:51

So , How do I do so I can get my xp computer to work with only one sound source/device when streaming. Thanks!
Old 12th March 2011, 11:53
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio4life View Post
So , How do I do so I can get my xp computer to work with only one sound source/device when streaming. Thanks!
The main problem with XP is bringing in the speaker's audio. Are you able to broadcast your microphone successfully?

Upgrading your OS is the best advice I can give in terms of getting full mixing capabilities w/ Procaster.

Best,
Jason
Old 16th March 2011, 21:07

Default xp not supported

Okay, reading through this entire thread makes me seriously frustrated.

So I'm gathering that XP is not supported by livestream (which sounds like a ludicrous mistake that needs the be addressed unless someone can tell me WHY XP can't be supported in which case I'll concede defeat)

Also, it has been stated that this should only be a problem when mixing multiple sound devices, okay sure. BUT then why does it seem that the people who only want basic sound from one device still cannot achieve this?!

What do I have to do short of buying a $200 OS, that will get sound to work on procaster with my XP? And if there isn't any can you just tell us that and make a disclaimer to the millions of XP users that NO you can't use procaster if you want sound.

As far as this thread goes I have don't everything suggested to no avail. Help please! I just want sound!

Tags
audio, audio capture desktop, build-in audio, built-in audio, desktop, desktop stream, input, mic, microphone, mixer, no sound, output, problem, procaster, procaster audio music, sound, sound audio issue help xp, speakers, suggestion, turn off, windows xp