Old 17th March 2011, 16:50
Administrator

To clarify, the issue is that XP doesn't support speakers audio - this is a deficiency in the audio drivers for that operating system and something that we have no control over. Procaster does support Windows XP and you should be able to capture audio from an external audio source.

If you are unable to do this, one thing you can try is referring to #2 of Procaster common issues and solutions here:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019

-Ben
Livestream Support

Last edited by benhomer; 17th March 2011 at 16:53.
Old 19th July 2011, 00:30

Default How to Switch from Mic to Speaker audio

Alright...I know this may seem very 'well duh', but somehow it isn't turning out that way. I've tried everything I can think of, but I cannot get LS to stream my desktop audio (such as music and the like) instead of my mic audio. I am currently running Windows XP, and my audio is managed by Realtek HD Audio Manager. I'm thinking the Audio Manager is what's causing me issues, but I have no idea what to do about it. If anyone could help me, it would be VERY appreciated.
Old 19th July 2011, 02:38

Unhappy I tried everything to mute my mic

I've tried every combination on procaster, and yet it still records only my typing/clicking, but not my music! It's really annoying me because my mom will all of a sudden talk to me, and I kinda don't want my livestreamers to listen to it.
I'm using windows XP, and I have version 20.2.0 of procaster. I've muted all of my line-in, internal, and external mics. If you need any more information, please ask.
Maybe some images that would help? [x][x]
Old 19th July 2011, 06:40
Livestream Procaster Support

the issue is that XP doesn't support speakers audio - this is a deficiency in the audio drivers for that operating system and something that we have no control over. Procaster does support Windows XP and you should be able to capture audio from an external audio source.

If you are unable to do this, one thing you can try is referring to #2 of Procaster common issues and solutions here:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019

The reason that you hear yourself, is because the Speakers audio is the microphone audio.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:50

If Windows XP doesn't support it, is there a way to get it on your computer? Or is the only other way to buy a different brand of computer.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:56
Livestream Producer Support

OmgRee,

You'd need to upgrade your OS or could try using a program such as Virtual Audio Cables to capture audio, which would then display as a source in Procaster.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 15th October 2011, 03:00

Default Audio Streaming Problems.

I cant stream audio from Windows Media Player through my Livestream, ive tried the mixer on every setting and all that me and my viewers can hear is static and an odd purring noise.

Please help!

If its any use I use Windows XP and Mozzilla Firefox
Old 28th October 2011, 02:46

Question Built-in audio not working?

PLEASE HELP!!!

I've tried recording a few test broadcasts to see if everything works before I actually do a live broadcast, but ran into a problem.

I want to broadcast my live desktop, and have my built-in audio play for viewers (so they'd hear what I'm listening to on iTunes, any program sounds, etc.). I don't have an internal microphone, and I don't care about that... just want them to be able to hear what I hear coming out of my computer.

When I record test broadcasts, other than my computer slowing down a bit (from running Procaster), all seems to go well. I then stop the recording and go into my library then and watch my test broadcast. Everything looks good EXCEPT I can't hear any audio (such as songs I'm playing on iTunes, etc.).

Apparently Procaster doesn't automatically pick up internal sounds/built-in audio? How can I change settings on Procaster (or my PC (I'd rather not have to change my PC if it'll mess things up for future programs, preferences, etc.)) to pick up my program sounds (iTunes, movie audio, etc.)?

I tried recording tests, one each using the 'Speakers' Audio,' 'Default input device,' and 'Conexant HD Audio input' options, and when I watched each one, I heard no audio on any of them. Next does the '0' mean next to the first audio option, and the '1' mean next to the other option? When I played back the tests, all I heard was mild crackling...

I run Windows XP, if that helps. And I'm using Procaster 20.2.0.

Thank you so much!! I'm very new here, and I've had a hard time finding help (and understanding all of what Livestream can do/how to do it)!

Last edited by Amkii; 30th October 2011 at 01:53. Reason: adding details
Old 30th October 2011, 01:56

Angry NO built-in sound PLEASE HELP!

Using Windows XP, Procaster 20.2, not getting built-in sound to stream no matter what settings I put it on in the audio mixer. Please help!
Old 11th August 2012, 11:24

Default Using Windows 7

I read through this thread and I noticed everyone is using Windows XP and you said that it can run on Windows 7. However I am running Windows 7 and I am having the same audio problems, I can hear everything from my speakers but when livestreaming or recording, there is no sound coming from the recording/livestream. I have messed with everything on the audio control and my own sound panel and have even used multiple devices.

Is there anything else I can do without having to download a separate program?

Tags
audio, audio capture desktop, build-in audio, built-in audio, desktop, desktop stream, input, mic, microphone, mixer, no sound, output, problem, procaster, procaster audio music, sound, sound audio issue help xp, speakers, suggestion, turn off, windows xp