Old 17th January 2009, 02:46

Question Auto Pilot - am I missing something?

It seems to me that Auto Pilot used to play thru the list of clips I have lined up on my playlist.

Lately I've noticed that the same clip is always playing... it doesn't play thru the playlist anymore.

I've read elsewhere that auto pilot won't advance thru the playlist if no viewers are present... if that's the case why have more than one clip in auto pilot?

If someone is bored with the clip that is playing and decides to come back and see the same clip I've lost a potential viewer.

Why did I go thru the effort of putting together a playlist if it keeps playing the same clip?

I've had a bug in my channel before and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this?

Am I missing something?
Old 26th January 2009, 10:30

Gotta love support forums where support people either don't even look at your post, or if they do give you some BS answer... what a joke.

I found other threads where there seems to be definite issues with auto-pilot... Mogulus is apparently looking into it... yea right.

I found auto-pilot has the most problems playing through Live Recordings that are set to automatically play thru auto-pilot after recording. That is to say Live Recordings in auto-pilot that aren't associated with a storyboard cause it to lock up, lag, have synch issues.

Much fewer problems seem to exist if the live recordings are put into a storyboard then put on auto-pilot... just my experience.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:01
Administrator

Auto-pilot will shut off after 5 minutes if no one is watching, it will pickup at the point at which it last stopped when a viewer returns.

In terms of the issues you're having with autopilot can you provide an example of a clip where you are seeing this? Clips must be on a storyboard to play on auto-pilot, when you say "aren't associated with a storyboard" are you referring to clips added using the /autoAutopilot=true function in FME?

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 26th January 2009, 14:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Auto-pilot will shut off after 5 minutes if no one is watching, it will pickup at the point at which it last stopped when a viewer returns.

In terms of the issues you're having with autopilot can you provide an example of a clip where you are seeing this? Clips must be on a storyboard to play on auto-pilot, when you say "aren't associated with a storyboard" are you referring to clips added using the /autoAutopilot=true function in FME?

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Thanks Ben,

The first issue with the Auto-pilot seems resolved. It wasn't continuing from where it stopped but rather resetting and starting at the beginning of the Auto-pilot list.

Yes, the clips that are placed in auto-pilot with the FME /autoAutopilot=true command cause the Auto-pilot to lag, freeze and have sync issues. When I place these same clips in a storyboard they seem to play normally.
Old 26th January 2009, 21:51

Here's a quick fix. If you have a problem with repeating, add a clip to the storyboard that is stuck. Then click the "pause auto-pilot" button, and then click the "resume" button. Do this until it starts playing the secondary clip. When it happens on my channel I just add a commercial to the storyboard and keep at it till the commercial plays. It just happens every once in a while. Gotta deal with it haha.

Tags
advance, auto pilot, bug, playlist