Old 8th February 2011, 14:55
Livestream Producer Support

We are currently aware of issues with Dead Space 2 and Procaster and are having our dev team look into this further.

Matt
Livestream Producer Support
Old 9th February 2011, 05:51

Name of the game: League of Legends
Problem: Procaster is working no doubt about that, but whenever I stream my screen, it goes all black on my channel, you just can't see me playing LoL(after the champion selection screen) with screen streaming, and it's too complicated to always shut down the stream and turn it on again whenever a match starts aka I want screen broadcasting to be compatible with LoL.
Old 9th February 2011, 15:26

Smile Starcraft 2

I am actually unable to broadcast Starcraft 2. Certain games work better than others I noticed.
Old 12th February 2011, 22:30

Default Game mode preventing games from launching

This issue has seemed to have cropped up out of nowhere, but games are now either not launching or immediately crash on launch when Procaster is running and in "game" mode, Re-installation of Procaster, Video driver update, Disabling UAC/Running as administrator, etc. has not helped. I have also tried disabling interactive DX chat/Hooked Process/Control game FPS however, this does not resolve the issue.

I have found that if I launch a game, alt-tab and then launch Procaster, I can get it to work with varying degrees of success (Ghostbusters: The Video Game shows up as blackness, and no audio on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Shadow of Chernobyl), however this is quite an ugly workaround.

This issue came up seemingly out of nowhere, I have no idea what change was made to cause this.

DxDiag attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DxDiag.zip (7.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 13th February 2011, 15:13
Livestream

Ronnie07,

Try running both Procaster and your game as admin. Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Best,
Jason
Old 13th February 2011, 16:57

So I have some games that do not not work correctly and thats: Penumbra Overture. When I start it up with procaster ( version 20.0.151) on it just crashes. Also when I want to stream Amnesia it also crashes.

Also when I want to stream Metro 2033 I can only stream it in directx 9 mode. When will procaster support directx 10 and 11 mode ??
Old 13th February 2011, 20:32

Battlefield Bad Company 2,
Starcraft 2,
Crysis,
RIFT,
Everything.

The in game mode does not show a button, nor do the hotkeys actually allow the procaster to hook to any DirectX or OpenGL software that is currently fullscreened. I operate 2 monitors, and have tried combinations of putting procaster on each monitor, etc, and nothing works. Desktop mode works with windowed stuff, but I want to be able to use Procaster for what it was designed. Gaming.
I have no no success whatsoever with any fullscreen applications.

Beyond this, the lack of DX11 support is astounding. DX11 has been out for ages, and there is no support for it yet?
Old 13th February 2011, 22:24

No effect jason
Old 15th February 2011, 13:59

Default fps drop out of the blue

hey,

been reading a lot, seems like livestream doenst rly care
for non premium streamers...

Specs:
P7P55D
i5 750 (2,6ghz)
4gb DDR3
6950 2gb

So my problem is:
I streamed a few times with procaster broadcasting Starcraft 2 Ingame.
Procaster was set to 1280x800 with 1500 bitrate and 25 fps.
It all worked fine, the quality was ok and I had enough fps ingame
to perform decent gameplay.
I start the game, start broadcasting and constant 24 fps appear.

I guess for a week or so, and I changed nothing in the settings,
when I start the game and start broadcasting I see my usual 24
fps and after a few seconds it drops down till it hits like 9fps.

The funny thing is, yesterday I brought a new gpu and now
I see on the left hand side my ingame fps 150/ and on the right hand side my stream fps /9.
What a ****ing joke.

Now I am sad and heartbroken qq

http://www.livestream.com/nubtwo
old vods working with old settings.

and its not my upload!
I upload with 10mbits!

Plz help.

Last edited by nubtwo; 15th February 2011 at 14:03.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:29
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnies07 View Post
This issue has seemed to have cropped up out of nowhere, but games are now either not launching or immediately crash on launch when Procaster is running and in "game" mode, Re-installation of Procaster, Video driver update, Disabling UAC/Running as administrator, etc. has not helped. I have also tried disabling interactive DX chat/Hooked Process/Control game FPS however, this does not resolve the issue.

I have found that if I launch a game, alt-tab and then launch Procaster, I can get it to work with varying degrees of success (Ghostbusters: The Video Game shows up as blackness, and no audio on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Shadow of Chernobyl), however this is quite an ugly workaround.
Hey Ronnies07, it seems that you've done your fair share of testing. Are you able to find any further insight in our 'Game FAQ?'
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4736

Please provide a complete list of games with which you're experiencing the issue. Is this happening with all games, or just the two you've mentioned?

Thanks for the info,
Jason

Tags
bug, bug age empires game mode, capture game, channel settings, dead, dolphin, dota, drop, emulator, fps, game crash, game mode, games, gaming, guild wars 2, leage of legends, league of legends, live, pc games, problem, procaster, project64, recording, resolution, screen, space, steam, stream, support, wii