Old 25th February 2012, 03:14

Default Games are crashing

Hi,

My friend told me about this site earlier today and i thought it sounded pretty neat, so i set up an account and downloaded procaster. Now when i open games like TF2, Pychonauts, Costume Quest... basically anything in my steam library (idk if steam is the problem or what) it starts to open then just crashes(or refuses to open at all). On Audiosurf it opened but nothing happened when i hit ctrl+f1. I don't know what else to do. I've watch how to videos, read the forum. I would love some help thank you.

these are my system specs.
Dell
XPS L702X
Intel Core i7-2720QM
CPU 2.20 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
Windows 7 64 bit

also its a laptop, idk if that matter or not.
Old 25th February 2012, 11:08
Livestream Producer Support

Sargerama,

Could you please further explain the crash that is occurring, please provide a screen shot if possible. Also, are you using version 20.2.69 of Procaster? If you are not using this version I would suggest upgrading from Procaster.com.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 25th February 2012, 14:40

hey matt,

I would love to give a screen shot, but they just stop working, after the procaster starts it asks me to turn off my aero effects for windows cause it help broadcaster so i do that then whenever i attempt to start a game, like TF2 for instance, its window opens, the value logo goes by, then the window just closes. no rhyme or reason to it, it doesn't tell me why it closed it just shut down :/ then i would opened it again and it would do the same thing. i shut off procaster and it worked perfectly, loaded and everything. When i tried Costume quest it showed a black screen for a split second with the instructions to press ctrl+f1 in the corner, but only for a second then it was gone aswell. i honestly don't know what is wrong. I downloaded the procaster 20.2.69
Old 25th February 2012, 20:51

Default Procaster - Star Wars: The Old Republic

I've been having constant problems with trying to stream Star Wars: The Old Republic. Sometimes the stream will work, and sometimes it will just get a black screen and not even show the HUD. Many have complained about this.

DAOC is works just fine for me 100% of the time, but with SW: TOR it's hit or miss. 90% of the time i'm just getting a black screen and no HUD. Procaster is not connected to the game properly or something. Not sure why sometimes on rare occasion it'll work.

Any solutions please?
Old 26th February 2012, 10:53

kooked,

Please be sure you are using the latest beta version of Procaster: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8966

Make sure you have the most up to date drivers for your video card and are using the proper workflow: Open Procaster, set it for Game Mode, then open SWTOR and press CTRL+F1. If this doesn't solve the issue please provide the following information:

CPU, RAM
Video Card
Operating System
Results of a speed test run at www.speedtest.net with destination server set as New York, NY
Old 26th February 2012, 14:52

Unhappy Problems with Game Recording

I'm attempting to record video game footage, that's fullscreen, however I can't as the screen will simply go black whenever I load the game. The game option provides no help for this as the vast majority of my games are not DirectX or OpenGL, and cannot be windowed. If there is any bypass or option that can get around this I would like to know. Any support would be appreciated.
Old 26th February 2012, 17:42

Styckywyck,

Since your games are not OpenGL or DirectX you wouldn't be able to run Procaster in game-mode. Are you experiencing this problem when in desktop mode?

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:32

Unhappy Podcaster is using all my CPU

Hi,

I started to use livestream broadcaster and found it very great. Just a problem, that i can't stream any games with better graphics. For example i can't stream League of Legends, cause of lags i get in game. Even in small game as Bad rats I can feel that I have some lags in it. And podcaster is using ~80-90% of CPU and is asking to turn some apps off.

I stream with default settings. If i'm streaming with gaming stream mode (or how it's called) I get a bit more performance, but still with better graphic games it goes more than 70-80% of CPU usage. And game recording is off.

My specs:
Windows 7,
AMD X6 3.2Ghz,
8GB DDR2,
HD6850 GPU,
1TB Raid0.

Drivers are up to date.
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:04

ashkael,

Which version of Procaster are you using? You can see this by clicking Preferences then clicking the italic 'i' at the top right of the window. Please try closing any background applications that may be running (browsers, media players, etc) and changing the quality to a lower bit rate.
Old 5th March 2012, 08:53

I was using 20.2.0 version, now I have upgraded it to 20.2.69 version. I will try to stream some games later today.

Last edited by ashkael; 5th March 2012 at 08:56.

Tags
bug, bug age empires game mode, capture game, channel settings, dead, dolphin, dota, drop, emulator, fps, game crash, game mode, games, gaming, guild wars 2, leage of legends, league of legends, live, pc games, problem, procaster, project64, recording, resolution, screen, space, steam, stream, support, wii