Old 6th January 2012, 18:24

Default Procaster no longer functioning correctly

Well, here's the rundown how it all started - I installed F3AR (FEAR 3) and I noticed that there was no cntrl + f1 thingy up in the left hand corner so I restarted procaster, tried again, and it didn't work. I then tried this version of livestream that has always worked with my games, version LivestreamProcaster-20-0-65. I had to use an older version because the latest version of livestream doesn't work with any new game...at all, period. It always crashes with a 'this program stopped working' message.

I read around and saw a suggestion to use the latest version of Livestream for F3AR so I gave it a shot with the same effect occurring as it did with earlier versions. So I uninstalled and went back to the earlier version to make sure it still worked with my games, and it doesn't. It no longer presents the cntrl + f1 and game recording just doesn't work for anything now.

Any remedies you can think of?

I went and installed xfire, hahaha....hell if I'm going to use xfire.
Old 7th January 2012, 19:38

Default Hello

I really like the hearts of iron games but they are not supported. Hearts of iron 3 is what I would like to be on most though. Also empire total war is not supported. I recommend supporting all total wars but empire is a must. Thank you for listening and I hope you will add these. It might be steam messing it up but I'm not sure.

Last edited by supercod4vet; 7th January 2012 at 19:40. Reason: I started reading and noticed steam might be a problem.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:12
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafada View Post
So I just bought F3AR as well and the little yellow cntrl + f1 thing doesn't show up to the left. I tried recording anyway and viewing on another computer but it just shows a black screen with either skipping or no sound.

Just in case you are wondering and to avoid any redundant responses:

Windows 7 64 bit
8 gb RAM
1 tb HD
2.20 ghz CPU 3.0 turbo mode
Geforce 560m 1.5gb memory

I also meant to say that I installed ALL previous versions of livestream, tested with the game, and all failed, my video card drivers and bios are completely updated as are all other drivers on my Alienware m17x.
zafada,

Are you running an i5 or i7? Do you know if F3AR opens with a launcher before running the actual game?

As we may need to take a look at your Procaster logs, please open a support ticket with all relevant information you listed above at the following URL: https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket
Old 17th January 2012, 11:08

Default procaster dont hook swtor

having problems with streaming swtor: there is no overlay button in game mode. so i cannot press ctrl + f1 ingame. i tired the latest beta version of procaster and serveral others..it worked with none. i only got the overlay when i start the game and make a new install of procaster during game is running..then i get the overlay to start streaming. but when i restart the game or my pc or procaster there is no overlay, i allways have to reinstall procaster(which is absolutly impossible)...i tried in windows-fullscreen mode, fullscreen mode and windowed mode...->no overlay at all.
anyone have a suggestion what to change? why does the overlay only apperas once when i reinstall procaster?-and then never again
System: win7 ultimate 64; intelcore2duo e8400; 8gb ram; geforce 560ti

thx for help

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by ch4in4; 17th January 2012 at 11:14.
Old 20th January 2012, 16:19

Yeah i would like to submit something, see i'm trying to stream a few older games like Red alert 2 and such but the problem is procaster isnt picking them up at all.
Red alert 2 is opengl and i would like to know what the problem here is?
Old 20th January 2012, 18:40

Hiir007,

What version of Windows are you running, and are you running it in Compatibility mode?
Old 20th January 2012, 19:15

I am using Procaster Version 20.2.43
Windows 7 64-bit
Running Yuri's revenge in Compatibility mode at Windows 95 and running programm as administrator.
Old 20th January 2012, 19:51

Hiir007,

Is this game running DirectX, if so which version? Try switching to desktop mode to stream your older games.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 20th January 2012, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
Hiir007,

Is this game running DirectX, if so which version? Try switching to desktop mode to stream your older games.

Matt
Livestream Support
I seriously tried and it did stream but it makes the game horribly choppy and makes the procaster UI blink and flash and do crazy things.
It's smooth and all that when i hold my mouse on any part of the ui of procaster but if i take it off it stars flashing and the game just goes to slowmotion.
Old 8th February 2012, 01:23

Exclamation DOTA 2 Not compatable with Procaster?

I was using procaster with DOTA 2 Beta just fine a few months ago, but recently when using procaster its been giving me trouble actually 'hooking' to games I play. It worked for SC2 when I tried recently, but when I open procaster, then DOTA2, I don't get the message to Press F1 to start broadcasting in the corner :/ When I do press it, it only records a black screen.
Why would it not be hooking now but it worked prior? I have the video in my channel still of the time it worked.

I love procaster, easy to use and it never did me wrong. But I've had a lot of good games recently that I missed out on streaming because of this

Tags
bug, bug age empires game mode, capture game, channel settings, dead, dolphin, dota, drop, emulator, fps, game crash, game mode, games, gaming, guild wars 2, leage of legends, league of legends, live, pc games, problem, procaster, project64, recording, resolution, screen, space, steam, stream, support, wii