Old 14th August 2011, 18:37

It's still having the same issue. Says "Audio Grabbing" and game crashes.
Old 15th August 2011, 04:39
Livestream Procaster Support

Is this the old version of Aliens vs Predator, or the new one?

Could you also go into the preferences, then to the audio tab and then into the audio mixer to see if you have any audio sources there?
Old 16th August 2011, 02:37

its the new one, and ill try messing about with it. I tested to see if maybe it was steam games bugging out overall, but its just this one.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:02

Default iphone.livestream.com feed

Hi, I'm running procaster on two different computers on our channel. I was originally streaming one of these procaster systems to our mobile page (iphone.livestream.com). Even after de-selecting the "stream to mobile" option, this camera (whenever live) is still viewable on the mobile URL. When I tell the other procaster system to stream to the iphone.livestream.com page, it still only shows the camera from the first system.

Sytem #1 (which I can't break from the iphone stream) is running Windows 7 64-bit. System #2 is running Windows XP. Both are running the most recent updates and service packs.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:41

Default Still cant get Procaster to work wth crysis wars

Im using version 20.2.21

Still get the message that i need to open a DirectX or OpenGL game before the caster will record. have tried this in DirectX 10 and DirectX 9 modes.

FIXED: ran game in 32 bit mode rather than 64 bit, works fine.

Last edited by Alexgow; 30th August 2011 at 09:11.
Old 10th September 2011, 16:05

Default FPS while recording

Hello!

I was giving this site a try since I saw a friend of mine using it for broadcasting in-game video of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I downloaded the "Procaster" client. I had problems with it streaming over 1280x720 resolution (something about an encoder error...). But I then set it to 1280x720 and set the "Target framerate to 45", target bitrate to "550" and Keyframe intervals to 60.

The problem I am having is the framerate when playing the video I recorded.

My friend was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution and when watching him live he had like 5 second delay (sending him messages over Steam) and his framerate was pretty much SMOOTH.

I decided to try the client out and record while I play TF2 and I get stuck at 34 FPS. When watching my live video after all the recording I saw how bad my FPS really was in the video, around 30ish. Also, according to a friend of mine over Steam, I had like 20 seconds delay...

I know that when recording live video I should expect performance degrade but my friend is using the old q6600 (2007!) and some crappy GFX card with 4gb ram and 7200 RPM system drive. I am using an i5 with Geforce gtx 460 with 4gb ram and a system drive with 7200 RPM.

How come he seems to have more FPS while playing Deus Ex: HR? Is the FPS so different between Deus Ex:HR and TF2 or something? I've played both games but I've not tried recording in Deus Ex: HR yet, I'm sure I would get the same crappy results as in TF2 anyway...

Any ideas what can cause this kind of performance drop?

Full system spec:

Intel Core i5 2.7 ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 OC:ed
4 GB ram
Windows 7 x64 Enterprise
7200 RPM system drive
100/100 mbit internet (yes, even 100 mbit upload - go Sweden, yay...)
Old 11th September 2011, 13:27
Livestream

rob444,

I have merged your post with our "Procaster Game Support" thread.

Procaster cannot currently stream at a resolution higher than 1280x720. Which quality setting are you streaming at, and how high is your CPU usage when streaming at these settings? Also, which version of Procaster are you using? You would likely have a better result streaming in "Optimized Gaming Mode".

Best,
Jason
Old 15th September 2011, 02:39

I have faced problems with some combinations of programs when I try to do ingame stream.

Usually, when I play, I use MSI afterburner to OC my graphicscard. Unfortunately procaster overlay doesn't work with afterburner and stream won't start. Ctrl+F1 works fine ( I can see preview pop-up in 2nd screen), but nothing goes to live. I disabled afterburners onscreen overlay, but that didn't help.

Another problem what I noticed was that mumble stops responsing in some cases when I close procaster.

If I start mumble AFTER I start procaster then stream won't work eather even in the case that afterburner isn't runing.

Last thing I noticed was that if I have to restart my game, then I have to close mumble & procaster as well and start them again in certain order to get stream work.

So at the moment my only option to get stream work is keep afterburner from running, start mumble first, then procaster and then the game (left4dead2, dead island, etc).

Does the steam's overlay affect to procaster?

HW: intel i7 @ 3,8ghz, ati radeon hd 5870 @ 900/1300, asus p6t se, 6gb kingston, windows 7 pro x64, logitech g35 headset.

Procaster version 20.2.0

I'm new to this software so there might be already solutions what I didn't find. Thanks for you help!

br Humps

Last edited by Humps; 15th September 2011 at 02:45. Reason: more details, typos
Old 18th September 2011, 21:20

Default Procaster not detecting my game

So, what are the common reasons as to why procaster won't detect my game when I tell it to go live? I downloaded it first, and everything went according to plan. Didn't have to fiddle or tweak on anything and I had a blast streaming for 3-4 hours on Stalker.

The game suddenly freezes and I have to restart my computer. Now Procaster won't detect the game. The software runs fine, but CTRL+F1 isn't working.

What are the common reasons for that? I did run as an administrator, yes.
Old 21st September 2011, 19:09
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeterne View Post
The game suddenly freezes and I have to restart my computer. Now Procaster won't detect the game. The software runs fine, but CTRL+F1 isn't working.

What are the common reasons for that? I did run as an administrator, yes.
Aeterne,

A common reason for Procaster not detecting your game would be if the game doesn't run on Direct X 9 through 11, or on OpenGL. Have you tried restarting your system and Procaster? If you're still experiencing issues, please give us more details on your system, Procaster version, and the game.

Best,
Jason

Tags
bug, bug age empires game mode, capture game, channel settings, dead, dolphin, dota, drop, emulator, fps, game crash, game mode, games, gaming, guild wars 2, leage of legends, league of legends, live, pc games, problem, procaster, project64, recording, resolution, screen, space, steam, stream, support, wii