Old 1st July 2009, 17:27

Cool

I'm using XP Pro, It was working fine the other day when I first installed. Now No matter what settings I choose in the preferences area it willl not Broadcast on Game Mode anymore, works in Screen Mode. I havent a clue on whats going on here...but I've had my fill of it for today thats for sure. I uninstalled games and procaster and reinstalled them both, still having same issues all day. Worked perfect 2 days ago... Go Figure....

xT

Last edited by xTerMn8R; 1st July 2009 at 17:29.
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:15
Procaster Team

Cool

Hi all

SOrry to hear about these issues with games. game casting would work if :
1. game uses directx 8, 9, 10 and open GL, and
2. the green livestream icon should appear on the game screen.

Otherwise, the message "Please switch to the game and hit (HOTKEY)" would appear when you press Go, since the game couldn't be hooked.

BTW, for games that are dx 8-10, if you don't see the green icon, the best approach would be to:
1. Close the game and Procaster
2. Start procaster and move to Game mode.
3. Make sure that in the preferences screen, Game tab, the icon position is not set to None
4. Start the game

Let us know if you still experiencing problems

HTH,
Lior Messinger
VP of Game & Desktop Products
Livestream
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:29

Quote:
I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, resolution is 1920x1200, 2.4GHz Core 2 Quad, 8MB DDR2 Memory, with a GeForce 9800GTX.

I get the error "Please switch to the game and hit (CTRL+F1)" no matter what I do.
I am also using Vista x64 (Enterprise) with the same specs and it works. The instructions by liorm is pretty much it. Though I did not disable the OSD. I wouldn't recommend using XP compatibility as you won't broadcast any sound when selecting Speaker Audio.

Sometimes it might just hook on to the wrong process even after selecting your game. You can tell by highlighting the Procaster system tray icon, it will tell you what it is hooked to; I've had it hook onto Safari... strangely enough.

For ctrl-f1 error, the only solution I've found is to restart Procaster. On one occasion I was able to get it to work again by switching to Screen mode, then back to Game mode.

Last edited by kokorochan; 3rd July 2009 at 18:32.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:37

Default Launching a game video

I am trying to broadcast MLB dugout heros however I keep getting the "To begin game casting, please open a DirectX or OpenGL game and press CTRL+F1" error message and it won't let me broadcast with the procaster.

I am running a vista system, any help would be appreciated.
Old 9th September 2009, 10:34

I am not familiar with that game, but does it run with direct X or openGL?

The software detects when you open the game and the game requires windows to switch to a directX application to work or an OPenGL application for the game graphics.

If the game does not use directX but rather other software rendered graphics, then the procaster software wont know a game is open.

Instead try using the desktop rather than game setting.
Old 12th September 2009, 16:00

I get the same error but I'm trying to stream Starcraft. and when I switch to desktop setting the screen gets all black. I'm also running vista. I know many have this problem. Is it possible to solve?

Thanks in advance
Old 21st September 2009, 05:34

Default Procaster not working with a lot of games.

So i downloaded Procaster, and i have a few problems with it.

First of all - it DOES work with WoW.

Counterstrike source - Whenever i start Cs:s with Procaster on, my Cs:s crashes.
Counterstrike 1.6 - My ingame fps drops to 10 whenever i start my livestream when using Procaster.

Heroes of Newearth - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Resident Evil 5 - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Red Alert 3 - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Savage 2 - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Lord of the Rings Concest - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Need for Speed Shift - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.
Section 8 - It simply doesn't detect the game, so i can't even try to go live.

As you can see, i tested quite a few games, and only 1 works properly, which is WoW.

Pretty sure Cs 1.6, Cs:s work with Open GL and Resident Evil works with DirectX 10

My System:
E8400
HD3870X2
ASUS P5E
4GB DDR2-800 MEMORY
VISTA 32BIT

Last edited by trizzal; 21st September 2009 at 05:36. Reason: adding system
Old 21st September 2009, 14:06
Procaster Team

Lightbulb

Hi

Wondered if you have read section 3 at http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019? there's a fix process that might solve your issues, at least on some of the games.

thanks,
Lior, Livestream
Old 21st September 2009, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by liorm View Post
Hi

Wondered if you have read section 3 at http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019? there's a fix process that might solve your issues, at least on some of the games.

thanks,
Lior, Livestream
I have done that myself for a few games that...had worked...then stop showing...the only fix for me that is working is uninstall and then reinstalling the game that I want to broadcast to see that icon..sigh yea
Old 21st September 2009, 22:29

Hmmm, I have RE5 and Shift, and the overlay shows up.

Are you using the latest stable build or the beta?

EDIT:
Some OpenGL based games aren't being recognized. FoFiX (Frets on Fire standalone mod) isn't being recognized by Procaster. I believe I am using the SVN with OpenGL 2.0

Last edited by SakuyaFM; 22nd September 2009 at 12:56.

Tags
arcade, emulator, flashing, gaming, help me please?, kawaks, lag, livestream, mac, poor quality, problem, procaster, starcraft